“Nice hotel, good value”

Ranked #35 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Middle Village, New York
“Nice hotel, good value”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family stayed at the Governors Inn for 5 days. The absolutely most important part of travel for my family is to stay in a clean, bug free hotel. The rooms are VERY clean, the beds comfortable and there were plenty of clean, large towels for a family of 4 with teenagers. It was a great stay for a very reasonable price. On the down side, we had some issues with the AC which they could have handled better. We checked out early because of bad weather and the charged me for an additional night rather than credit me, and that took a few days to sort out. Overall though I would definitely come back to Governors Inn next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I spent one night of a 2-night Williamsburg stay at the Governor's Inn, and wish I'd spent both nights here because of the location. Once I checked in, I didn't need to drive anywhere until I checked out and left town! Colonial Williamsburg, the William & Mary campus, and numerous places to eat and shop are all within a short walking distance.

The rooms are dated and quite dark; none of the lamps were as bright as I'd have liked. That said, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and I enjoyed my stay.

The breakfast was carb-heavy, but I appreciated that it was included in the cost of the room. I also appreciated the business center upstairs in the main building, and the wi-fi in my room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JLSDH
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

As well as my second review. The Governor's Inn is one of the BEST VALUES I have found in a long time in a hotel. We live in West Central Florida and we make an annual road-trip with our four grandchildren and we pack in a lot of miles and hotel nights on our trips so we have some great experience and comparisons to base our reviews on.

This year we toured Washington DC and Annapolis, MD prior to arriving in Colonial Williamsburg and all of our nights on the road are in hotels. As with last year, our check-in experience was a very pleasant one. There are six of us total so we had two adjoining rooms and they were near the pool. Again, it is a very, very good basic hotel, the rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms functioned as they were suppose to, no problems with drains or cleanliness, although I thought that the hot water didn't work in one of the shower/baths it actually worked just fine, I wasn't turning the nob far enough. We never heard our neighbors, through the walls and only occasionally on the sidewalk and never any noise from the pool so it was a very quiet stay. The breakfast is up to par with most of the "Breakfast is Included" buffets. It was a very easy walk into the Colonial part or Revolution City. On our last day after we checked out of the hotel and we drove to the Visitors Center to park and caught the Shuttle Bus and it really was only marginally more convenient.

The first time I reviewed the Governor's Inn I was really basing it on our stay at the hotel only, we had a very short amount of time to be in Williamsburg and we only did a little walking around one afternoon and had lunch in one of the taverns but this time we spent 3 days there and pretty much took full advantage of all that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer and with the discounts that you receive when you stay in a Colonial Williamsburg property which this is, I really just can't say enough about what a great value I think this hotel is.

3 Thank tampaandbeyond
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in the area..this is a clean and well maintained property..better than many of the other budget chain hotels in Wburg..its not fancy but the rooms are clean and the free bfast is pretty good and kept well stocked. Because it is a budget hotel it can be noisy with all the kids running around,but that is the case w many hotels in Wburg.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff R
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a delight. Everything was within walking distance. The mini fridge in the room was a pleasant surprise and well used. The room was clean, comfortable, and maintained. We never heard a sound from our neighbors and felt as if we were in absolute peace of a rural setting. The staff was so hospitable, helpful, and courteous. We definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask to stay near pool if you have children (6400 building). The rooms in the 6500 building were qui...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Leola, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is so close to Williamsburg Historic area that you can walk there. The rooms were clean and the comp. breakfast was good. The service staff were nice and the grounds well kept. The price for the hotel was worth it. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Any room is good.
1 Thank Paula R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient, a great price and reasonably clean. However, the negatives outweighed these positive aspects. The walls are absolutely paper thin and you can hear everything! On one side of us, the guests kept their television or radio on until 4 am and it was as if it was in our room. Then when people started waking up at 6 am and talking in their rooms, it was as if they were standing next to our beds. Also, even though the room was non smoking, people stood in the grass right in front of our door and it filled our room.

2 Thank CB6547

Travellers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels