“NIce weekend vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“NIce weekend vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Had a great stay at Westgate w/ 4 kids, teens and younger. Had reserved a 2 bedroom suite, the bedroom was suppose to have 2 twin beds but had full instead. Cuased a little issue w/ teens that didtn want to share beds but we worked it out. Kids enjoyed the pool. The room was nicely equiped with dishes. Plenty of linens. Didnt use any of the hotel amenties other than that because we had a full day planned at Busch Gardens. Property was only about 15 minute drive from park. Only thing I wasnt happy about was the 10:00 check out. Have never seen a check out that early. Hard to get 3 teenagers up and about that early on vacation. Requested a late check out and was told I could have 30 minutes - not much help. Standard check out times are 11:00 and 12:00, not 10:00.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank FLGATORGIRL68
Michael W, General Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
We are glad to hear you had nice weekend vacation. Please accept our apologies for the bedding misunderstanding and not being more flexible on the check-out time. The outdoor pool is a great amenity especially when traveling with kids. We appreciate you sharing your vacation experience.

The Westgate Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I am writing to tell you of my experience from August 2 through August 5, 2012. My adult daughter and I just completed a visit to Westgate Williamsburg Timeshare. We were referred to the property by a co-worker of my daughter’s who is also a timeshare owner. The brochure we were given read that the room rate would be $99.00 for three nights, four days. However when booking the rooms I was charged $199.00. We booked this trip a few months in advance. At the time of booking I was assured that while at the moment the only availability was a studio but that it had a queen size bed and let out couch but that I would be placed on a list should anything become available. Of course nothing obviously became available but we figured okay we could make do with a queen bed. Upon arrival I was given the key to the studio and told assured that it did include a queen bed just as my written confirmation showed. We were given the key with verbal instructions on how we could get to the room. No offer to ask if we needed assistance or a cart to bring in the luggage. No other information about the property was offered to us such as pool, exercise room equipment etc. We parked and dragged our luggage inside and upon entering the room we were quite shocked. The tiny space included a full size bed and a twin sofa sleeper with a table in the middle. I immediately went back downstairs and told them I thought there was a mistake. I was told I was incorrect and that it is a queen. After some discussion the clerk stated she would still keep us on this and asked if we wanted to pay $110.00 now to be upgraded without even being assured of a room. We declined that offer. I am still not clear as to why we would need to pay additional money when the confirmation stated that we were to have a studio with a queen size bed. At any rate, she still said we were on a list.

The next morning I had my appointment to review the opportunities of purchasing a timeshare with Westgate. The young man that I met with, Jimmy, was really a delight and so well mannered. He was energetic and very personable. I explained my situation about the room and he tried to see if he could help but was told the same thing that the place was full. Then it came time for the tour and he took us over to the model units. One side was set up as a studio with a queen bed and the unit was indeed larger than mine. There I had confirmation that the bed size was different than the one we were given. Upon returning to the room to further discuss ownership another person appears with paperwork and offers to quote prices. He was informed of our problem and he emphatically stated that owners come first and that he has had clients that he had to put up in a hotel. In other words we needed to be happy we were even there. I understand ownership comes first but if you are trying to sell me something, don’t you think you should put your best foot forward. I began to feel that it wasn’t important to anyone there how we felt or how we were treated. I told him at that point, I wouldn’t consider ownership there because of the way we were being treated. He said fine and stood up and abruptly left. I guess we didn’t matter to him at all.

We went about our day and upon returning that evening my daughter decided to check again to see if there were any cancelations. Of course, here we go again repeating the story to the young man, Nick, behind the counter. He stood there and looked us in the eye and said that the bed in that unit was in fact a queen bed. We tried to explain that it was not, especially after seeing one in the demo unit. He argued very rudely that we were wrong. At that time, my daughter asked for the supervisor who was standing nearby. He came over and we tried to explain what was happening and Nick kept interrupting insisting that our room had the queen bed. We asked him to please stay out of the conversation as we were speaking to someone else now. My daughter asked him to write his name down for her and he rudely stated “I will give you a pen and paper and you can write it down.” Wow, I couldn’t believe this. There were people behind the desk that witnessed this but no one attempted to correct him.

The supervisor finally took us to another room where he said he would deal with the situation and report the incident to his manager who would be on duty the next morning. After speaking with him we went to go up to our room and Nick yells out “goodnight” to us. The supervisor did report the incident and the next morning we spoke with the manager whose defense to Nick was “this doesn’t sound like my Nick”. “Maybe he was having a bad day.” When you work with the public, you don’t have a bad day and if you do, you don’t show it. I happen to work with the public all the time, as does my daughter. If I behaved like that I would be out of a job.

I don’t know about you, but I felt humiliated by the treatment we received. I am a widowed woman and I enjoy traveling. If I had considered purchasing from Westgate that idea is now gone from my mind. I could not believe the rudeness of the staff there. Not everyone was rude, but there was a feeling that they really could care less how we felt. I would not recommend this timeshare property to anyone.

Our stay was August 2 through August 5, 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
43 Thank AnneB323
To the disappointed guest first and foremost please allow us to extend our deepest apology. We did not live up to our service standards. We have no excuses. We will learn from this situation in hopes this will be prevented in the future. We appreciate your feedback.

The Westgate Team

Travellers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

Pearl River, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this resort. One of the staff Lona was very helpful & offered helpful suggestions for everything from shows to laundry facilities. I would recommend this resort & would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thomas C
Thank you for sharing your enjoyable stay at Westgate Resorts Historic Williamsburg. Our staff is prepared to make suggestions about everything from dinner to local attractions. Lona is an excellent member of our team. We appreciate your recommendation.

Clinton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Overall, a very nice stay. Rooms in the main building were redone a few years ago. They are decorated with a colonial theme. Very nicely done and extremely spacious. I reserved a 1 bedroom studio with a Murphy bed, and it was more than enough room. Kitchen had everything that one would need to cook any simple meal. Bathroom was oversized with a jacuzzi tub and large stand up shower. The only negative was parking, which was behind the building. Not a big deal. Grounds were nicely done, and public areas were all clean. Great place to stay for the price. Next time in Williamsburg, I will definitely stay here. Also, the staff was extremely cordial and pleasant. Close to all restaurants (Dunkin Donuts, seafood and Italian).

Room Tip: 3rd floor in the main building had great rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael W, General Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay at Westgate Resorts Historic Williamsburg. The colonial theme, location, kitchen, and oversized bathroom are a few of the many attributes of the resort. We appreciate the compliments on the grounds, the cleanliness of the property, and our cordial and pleasant staff.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had a Wonderful Week stay.... I truly colonial experience. The sTaff was wonderful including Brie, Tammy, & Donna. They were excepTionally helpful. The locaTion is close To shopping excursions. The locaTion iTself is seT for colonial furnishings, comfortable bed, convenient kitchenette. The pool was very nice. Would recommend it to families and couples.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful week stay and truly colonial experience at Westgate Historic Williamsburg. We are located within walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg and with our colonial furniture and décor we try to give our guest a taste of Historic Williamsburg. This is a great resort for couples and families.

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great location to all the attractions in the area. It's an older property but is well maintained. Great place for families or couples. Staff is friendly. The only issue encountered were some noisy neighbors that we called down to the front desk to complain about. We were told they would take care of it. Don't think anything was really done as the noise (loud music, yelling, talking loudly, etc) continued until around 1am.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael W, General Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Westgate Resorts Historic Williamsburg is definitely a great location. The resort is in walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg and the College of William and Mary. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams do an outstanding job of maintaining the property. Customer service is the top priority at our property. Please accept our apologies in regards to your noise complaint. It should have been resolved prior to 1 a.m.

ft washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stay was very pleasant very clean and staff was overly Great very convient location pool stays open late which was great after coming back late and relaxing in the sauna. Was greeted and taken to our room immediatly. Check in and check out was very quick. No hassles at all was an overall great mini vacation. Would definatly reccomend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your “Great Mini Vacation” at Westgate Resorts Historic Williamsburg. The location of the resort is convenient to all of the Williamsburg attractions. After spending a day at the attractions there is nothing like relaxing at our outdoor pool and spa. Please recommend us to all of yours friends.