“very small rooms.”

Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have stated at several resorts at different location, including westgate resorts. This is by far the worst stay at a resort we have ever experiences. The staff was nice and pleasant but the room was very small. Westgate should feel embarrased by the amenities that this resort offers. This resort does not have half the stuff that other resorts do. The room reminds me of a typical hotel room. I expect more from a resort. There was no kitchen table and chairs to eat at. I was also disappointed in the breakfast that was offered before the timeshare presentation. I have seen better breakfasts being offered by Holiday Inn. Again I expected more from a resort. I have stayed at other Westgate locations and they would have a huge breakfast with eggs, pancakes, and waffales. The Westgate in Williamsburg is nothing more then a hotel and should not be considered a resort at all. I think my stay there is going to be the deciding factor on me not buying my next timeshare with Westgate. I am going to continue looking for a resort that will meet my expectations everytime I stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank melissaann350
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We regret to hear you had a less than pleasant stay at Westgate Historic Williamsburg. Please know we strive hard to change any negative experience around for our guests. Our staff is train to be helpful, attentive, and friendly and we’re glad to hear they were nice and pleasant. We certainly take our guests suggestions into consideration as we’re always looking to provide them with a better stay. Please come back and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Idalise

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a great time vacationing at the Historic Williamsburg Resort.

The staff at the resort gave me and my family a wonderful experience; I like to thank Tony, Brenda, Ivy, Angela, Joanne, and Divine for their sincere services. An Itailian style dinner gathering was given to all the owners on the day of my birthday. There was a "DJ" who gave me a nice "shout out" for my birthday and who was also very awsome! I had a "ball" and it became the highlight of my stay;what a memorable vacation stay!

Room Tip: My room was close to the exit door where I found to be connvenient to get to the parking areas; howe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Our staff strives to provide the best experience for our guests and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday with us. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. Once again thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to hosting your next Birthday bash with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked it through Kayak for a standard two queen bed room and were upgraded to a two bedroom suite, with kitchenette for the same price. Amenities were great and in good condition, pool, fitness room, game room. We agreed to listen to the time share pitch for free tickets to Williamsburg and Jamestown. The pitch went longer than we were told, and they were not taking no for an answer very well. Overall though a pleasant experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are honored you chose to stay with us! We are happy to hear you had a great time! As you experienced out resort offers so many amenities from our sparkling pools to our fitness center. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of attending one of our timeshare presentations and are sorry that this distracted you from your family vacation. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

But after my trip to the Westgate, I have a change of heart. The resort's accommodations were nothing short of spectacular. I brought my 2 younger children, my Mother, a brother, and my partner and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. All six of us were very comfortable.

First: Bedrooms. The beds are not your cheap, uncomfortable beds; rather beds with extra-thick mattresses, tons of fluffy pillows, and crisp, clean sheets. King size bed in the master; 2 twins in the 2nd bedroom. The pull-out bed in the living room is grossly uncomfortable for adults, but adequate for younger children. That mattress was about 6 inches deep with very little support.

The furnishings were very nice. Each bedroom has its own TV (tube tvs though!) with a large closet and drawers.

Next: Bathrooms. There were two full bathrooms. The master's bath was very nice. Jacuzzi tub with a separate shower (with enough room for 2). Tons of space and a separate toilet room.

The 2nd bathroom was smaller, but still had a Jacuzzi tub. Never had any issues with a lack of hot water.

The suite also had a small washer and dryer. The dryer is not great. Because it is not vented, don't expect to dry towels with one cycle. It's okay for lighter clothes, i.e., t-shirts, and other cottons.

Kitchen: Kitchen was small but complete. Refrigerator with ice maker, stove and oven, dishwasher, and microwave. There was also enough dishes and silverware for full meals. The resort also provided dish detergent for the dishwasher. And there was also a wine opener in the utensil drawer.

Living room. Just a sofa a wing chair. There's also an electric fire place and a flat screen tv.

Overall the suite is tastefully decorated with higher-end materials. Nice carpets, granite counter tops, tiled bathrooms, frameless glass shower door, pergo-type flooring, and crown molding.

And it's worth mentioning, this is a resort with time shares. HOWEVER, I was never asked or solicited by anyone to sit through a presentation or anything. They do straighten up your suite, replace towels, make the beds, and dump the garbage. They even loaded the dishwasher!

We are looking forward to making this trip and annual family tradition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DevSab C

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing time with us. We love that your family enjoyed the villa and the comfy beds along with the full kitchen. Thank you again for your review as we love hearing kind words such as yours. We look forward to hosting your vacation again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed overnight for our anniversary. We were upgraded to the two bedroom suite and it was gorgeous. I never wanted to leave the jacuzzi tub it was so relaxing. Staff was friendly, room was clean and large. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taovandel
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us! We love to hear back from our guests on their experiences. We are happy that we could be part of your anniversary! We are thrilled that you will be returning and look forward to your next stay with us.

ray

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Pros: The front desk and concierge staff are outstanding, going out of their way to answer questions or help in any way they can. The facility was clean, and numerous activities are offered. It is an easy drive to Williamsburg attractions. Parking is free.

The Cons: The one-bedroom units have a strange layout. The whirlpool tub with a large open space above it is between the bedroom and the bathroom, allowing for no privacy in the shower and sink areas, but there is a separate water closet. There is a breakfast bar to be used for eating but no dining table. There is also an additional charge for Wifi unless you are a Westgate owner. The bed was very comfortable, but we were awakened one morning by continuously slamming doors that appeared to be caused by the housekeeping staff and two other mornings by a screaming child in the room next to us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us. We love to hear that our staff was there to answer all your questions and enhance your stay. We offer the perfect spot to enjoy the fantastic attractions of the area. We our sorry to hear about some inconveniences that you did experienced with your stay. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I liked this hotel a lot. It was close to lots of restaurants (it did not have a restaurant on the premises).Rooms were clean and serviced everyday. Staff were most attentive and helpful. Nice pool and facilities for children if you take them. My room had no hot water one day and when I rang the reception, I had a maintenance man at my door within 5 minutes and hot water withing 10. Outstanding service in my opinion.

1  Thank Karen W

We are very happy to hear you had an awesome experience at our resort! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We offer so much for family’s to enjoy from our pools to our wonderful location. Once again thanks for staying with us and see you real soon.