“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Pittsburgh, PA
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Lovely resort in a peaceful setting. Spa services were great. View from room facing river was fabulous. Room was spotless, beautifully decorated, and the bed was among the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Food at the Mill and Bray's was delicious and very high quality. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a river front room. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank traveladdict98

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Thai first
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

First Class ,all employees welcome you with a kind hello when you pass,Stayed in a one bedroom suite ,with kitchen ,fireplace,view of the James River,it was very clean and modern. Breakfast buffet was better than good ,featuring Cherrywood Bacon,Stuffed Omlet station,and fresh fruit. Seafood Buffet on Friday nights is good ,not great,plated Beef Tenderloin was very good. Played the River Course,which was home to a one time PGA Event and a present LPGA Event,nice open course and challenging.Would return for sure,lots to do with the golf,tennis ,bike riding along with Busch Gardens outside the Route 60 gate and Colonial Williamsburg,Jamestown,Yorktown a must see.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheloraruba
East Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We spent more to stay at this hotel than the others in the area. It's ok if you like golf and driving around everywhere, for example from your rental unit to the spa or to the hotel restaurant. Definitely for a specific set of people. Also, lots of zombie-looking people sporting conference badges and signs for real estate and timeshare sales. So not my idea of a resort. Also, quite run down at the heels, repairs haven't been done, very spotty cell phone service, and they've block their views of the river by constructing rental units painted battleship grey in front of the river. Lovely.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank carmolar
Xanterra, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2012

I was disappointed to read that you didn't see the value during your stay at Kingsmill. Please accept my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit. My staff and I work hard to bring what we hope will be an enjoyable and rewarding experience to every guest. I will keep your comments in mind as we look for ways to improve the quality of the products and services we offer here at the resort.

Hopefully your experience doesn't prevent you from returning to Kingsmill and enjoying what so many of our past guests have. I am confident that if you return, you will see much improvement as we are constantly making upgrades and other changes. Should you visit us again, please ask for me and I will ensure your complete and total satisfaction.

Robin Carson
Kingsmill Resort & Conference Center
fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Wonderful resort, staff friendly, spa wonderful!! Would highly recommend a visit to this Resort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank budsladyintheburg
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you're visiting the Williamsburg area, this is a lovely and convenient place to stay. It also had a little something for everyone. My younger son and I played golf on the fabulous river course. My older son road his bike and hiked the resort's wooded trails; and my wife enjoyed the spa. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The resort is also reasonably close to the Williamsburg historic district as well as Jamestown and the other historical attractions in the area, as well as Busch Gardens. The grounds are lovely, located right on the James River. The only feature I can't really recommend is the restaurants. For both breakfast and dinner, we found them to be average quality and overpriced; however, there are many choices for food in the area, and you can also cook in your suite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper levels are quieter, and the river view rooms have the prettiest view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sophist1956
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Kingsmill is a great resort with plenty of activities. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the service received from (almost) everyone was top class.

Room Tip: For an extra treat get a room facing the James River.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Potomac, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Kingsmill is by far the worst experience I've ever had at a resort. I reserved two rooms online, late March. First: The food was absolutely the worst. We had breakfast and dinner at the resort resturant. The menu was not kid friendly and the adult meals were Denny's quality at Ruths Chris rates. Second: My brother and I made tee times for golf and paid online...once at the course, we were told that we hadn't paid online (upon further discovery we found out that we were right). However, we were asked to stand aside and wait until they could investigate. We felt like we were stealing something. Third: Prior to arriving we called to see if there were kids activities. We were told about some "kids camp." Whne we asked the front desk and the conceirge, they knew nothing about a kids camp. My kids ended up going to Busch Gardens instead and had a great time. Fourth: The worst service ever. Kingsmill employees don't really like working there. No one makes eye contact with you. No one says hello. Fifth: I took my kids down to the little beach area next to the marina. There was a drunk guy in his van with two Kingsmill Police officers surrounding him. They dragged the guy out of his car... the guy was screaming at me and my kids to help him. While the cops dragged him on the pavement to put him in the cop car. Awesome vacation! I went to complain to the front desk... I stood in front the front desk associate and she said absolutely nothing. She just looked at me and waited for me to say something. I said hello, she still said nothing...and this was the person I was supposed to air my grievences with... She didn't get it. When I got home, I received a survey. I wrote a two page note about my experience... no one has yet to call or email me (its been 4 weeks.) In my note, I advised kingsmill that they should send all their assocaites to a Ritz resort to see how a first class resort handles their clients. Oh I almost forgot, they double billed my credit card...I'm still fighting that one. Word to the wise, go to the DMV for your next vacation instead...you might enjoy it better than this place. If you are used to going to fine resorts (Ritz, Sea Island, Pinehurst, Kiawah, etc..) please don't waste your time here as you'll be terribly disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank TerpBlueJay
Xanterra, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Kingsmill Resort. We use feedback like yours to assist us with improving the quality of the products and services we offer here at the resort.

I was saddened to read that you consider Kingsmill the "worst resort." The situations you described are completely unlike the type of quality service Kingsmill has become synonymous with. In fact, your situations sound more like a nightmare and I'm appalled that you had to endure this. Had I known your Kingsmill vacation was turning out like this, I would done everything in my power to ensure that your satisfaction was maintained. Please accept my sincere apologies for the outcome of your visit to Kingsmill Resort. I will be addressing your situations with the Kingsmill staff in an effort to drastically improve.

I truly hope that you will consider returning to Kingsmill Resort in the near future. Should you return, please ask for me and I will ensure that you are completely satisfied with your accommodations.

Robin Carson