Beautiful resort! The staff were very nice and professional. This was a meeting/conference. In the smaller, breakout sessions, the seating was wonderful with nice chairs. The general sessions had the standard meeting room chairs. The room was a short distance from the general hotel. They have free shuttle around the resort but ample parking otherwise. Walking around is also very nice. Beautiful views of the James River. I am not a golfer but I can see how this would be a golfer's dream! The room was very comfortable. The showerhead, pressure, and temperature were all great! The only helpful comments I would have is the following:
1) move the ottomans away from the foot of the bed. You will undoubtedly run into them. It makes for a very narrow walkway between the bed and desk. They are nice to have in the room, though.
2) Instead of the traditional plastic covered cups, there are glasses with plastic inserts. Nice but if you have children, bring some plastic cups. If they were to get dropped on the bathroom tile, the tile would win.
3) Only one soap bar in the room. The shower has shower gel in the shower dispenser, as well as shampoo and conditioner. These are all in dispensers (not the small sample sizes you may be used to.) They are worth using, however, if you do not like shower gel, you will have to either request another soap or transfer the soap from the sink and shower.
4) I noticed that the suites on the sides of the building complexes did not have good lighting for the walkway at night.
All of the food was good. I did visit one restaurant on the resort which I also reviewed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort a AAA Four Diamond resort situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in over 400 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg