“Clean and comfortable”
Review of Kingsmill Resort

Kingsmill Resort
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Although I wasn't able to stay enjoy like I would have if it weren't a business trip.... I had an enjoyable time. I think what made the stay for me were the people who work here... The property is big and they have a shuttle service. These men running the shuttle were amazing. They were at your door within minutes and helped with luggage if need be. The food was also good in the new restaurant. I would have loved to enjoy the spa but the prices were way too high!! Overall the visit was very nice and I would go back for another visit!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a beautiful resort! We stayed in a villa near the tennis courts. Breakfast in main hotel was delicious - full gourmet breakfast, included in our package. Busch Gardens tix included as well, and the shuttle takes you to and from. Super convenient, great price, and gorgeous location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Momtoaj
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have written a previous review for Kingsmill and I have very much enjoyed my past stays. Resort is under new management, we heard, and I hope they will work on improving their service to former times I have stayed. They are doing a lot of upgrading/ renovations to restaurants, but not to rooms as much. Check in was fine and they were able to let us check in early due to low occupancy this time of year. Stayed 1 night only over weekend. Stay went downhill the next day at breakfast in golf club and it maybe unfair to judge the place on the restaurant service, but it is a resort. (Bray was still closed for renovation during our stay). Had to ask for manager since 30+ min wait for breakfast orders to arrive is unheard of especially since place was not busy! Had to get our own coffee/water since waitress nowhere to be seen several times, they ran out of coffee at one time, I did not receive everything in my order, food was average and NOT inexpensive for breakfast. Other tables had similar issues too. This is unacceptable at a resort like Kingsmill, but I'm certain it can be corrected with more training and better management oversight. Indoor pool had more sediment on the bottom than should be. Check out had a little wait and rude gentleman cut in front of few of us which receptionist should have noticed and corrected. I was not asked how my stay was at check out. I will probably stay here again to see if things improve to prior, if not better, levels of service and amenities, but if not then I fear that Kingsmill may become a place forgotten.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 123liz456
Claudia-Kingsmill, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear 123liz456,

I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced during your stay at Kingsmill. I have spoken with the director of restaurants, and he acknowledged the issues and your disappointment and hoped that his attempt to resolve the problem at point of service was acceptable. Our director of rooms would appreciate more details on your experience at the front desk; please contact him at vishal.chopra@kingsmill.com. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family and I went on vacation in the summer, and it was great. We stayed at one of their two bedroom suites, and it felt like home. There was a tennis court right outside our suite, which is great because my dad and I love to play, and the spa/pool area was just a walk away.

The location was also great because we were quite close to Busch Gardens and Williamsburg.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GDG22
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Front desk and concierge: Helpful and warm. Check-in and -out was smooth. Concierge was very pleasant and helpful, especially with details for Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.

Dining: Limited onsite options but ok choice. Breakfast was generally the best meal of the day (taste wise). Service in the breakfast room was subpar but service in the other restaurants was better than average.

Rooms: Comfortable and clean, which is all that you can ask for. Traveling with an 11 and 9 year old, the kitchen was useful. The look outside the unit is in need of an update.

Activities: Kid's enjoyed the game room; Pool was small but indoors, which was a plus; Golf course was in good shape.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here in February which is definitely not the best time to enjoy all this place has to offer. It was 25 degrees every day. This place is huge and has a ton to do. I want to come here again in the summer. My room was in building 18 on the golf course and was massive. It had a full kitchen, dining room table, living room, and separate bedroom. Also a nice deck out back with two chairs. it was a short walk to the main building and the bar at the golf course. If you do not want to walk, they offer free shuttle service to anywhere you want to go. The resort has several very nice restaurants to choose from. I ate at all of them over a week. My favorite is the one at the marina which would be fantastic in the summer months on the deck. If you like to workout, this place has a huge facility. Something like 20 treadmills and everything else from free weights to all kinds of machines. They offer a lot of classes and things too. We were here for a conference and it was worth it.

Room Tip: If you can get in one of the buildings on the golf course they are large
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Glen B
Claudia-Kingsmill, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you, Glen B, so glad you had a great stay at Kingsmill!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

After reading a recent review I decided that I must comment on my last experience with Kingsmill Resort. We have travelled to Kingsmill twice in the last two years and have loved it. It is a great resort for families. The villas are a good size and wonderfully maintained and the close proximity to Busch Gardens is amazing. Our children loved the new water play area! However...my last experience with Kingsmill was with the telephone reservation line. It found the woman to be very short with me and not very knowledgable about the room rates. I caught the woman at the very last second to request a confirmation number which I always thought was basic information given to people who make reservations. When I received the email confirmation for my reservation, my last name was misspelled, my street address was incorrect, my city and province were missing, the dates and the length of my stay were incorrect and the room rate was higher than the rate that I was quoted over the phone. It would take one email and two phones to the reservation department to actually get everything corrected. If I didn't know how great this reservation was, I would have probably booked somewhere else after this interaction with the resort. Bad first impression.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Claudia-Kingsmill, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear RoadTripFamily09,

I'm so pleased you decided to come back to Kingsmill despite your experience with our call center. Our Rooms Director and Customer Service Manager have addressed the situation you described, and are continuing to train our newest team members so guests receive the best possible service. We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Best regards,