In the Resort: Beautiful property! Lots of trees and flowers (and bees!). This was our 4th stay at Kingsmill and we keep going back. We walked to the marina so the kids could play on the sand by the river. There are playgrounds scattered along the property. We saw people walking, running, biking, and using Segways to get around. Golf carts driven by staff also available.
Complimentary Shuttle: This was the primary reason why I spent the extra money to stay in the Kingsmill Resort. I tried to save money so I called other hotels in Williamsburg to ask if they have a shuttle service to Busch Gardens and nobody else did so we decided to go ahead and splurge. Other hotels should learn something from this. We can't be the only ones who have made this decision based on transportation issues. For the convenience, it was worth it for us. My husband took our car to drive to Freedom Park for a 50K race while my daughters and I had a girls' day out at Busch Gardens. The gentleman who drove the shuttle was so nice and polite. There was a specific meeting spot for leaving the resort but he kindly dropped us off in front of our building when we went back.
Location: Close to Busch Gardens but not within walking distance. Outside of the resort (maybe a couple of miles drive from our building), there were a lot of restaurants and a Starbucks. We ate at a couple of restos there although I can't recommend the 2 that we had tried.
Rooms: We got a basic room with 2 full beds. Pretty roomy. Beds are kind of small but very comfy. Bathrooms are spacious and equipped even for the elderly that need a little help getting around (raised toilet seat, phone in bathroom, hand handles in showers). The only thing that could be an improvement would have been to have a mini fridge and a microwave in the room (families could always use those). There is a closet with supplies like extra bedding, iron w/ board, flashlight, umbrella.
During online reservation: I requested a higher floor room and quiet. They had honored both requests. They also offered a military discount. Some other hotel's military discount isn't always the lowest price offered but Kingsmill's was. Thank you!
The Mill Cafe: I love this little casual cafe. We went everyday for coffee & pastries. They also had breakfast sandwiches and ice cream. Excellent customer service. We sat on the outdoor patio each time to enjoy the nice weather (indoor tables available too). Not too pricey either.
Extra Mile: When Kingsmill sent me an email asking if there is anything they can do for me to make my stay better, I responded with the info that it was going to be my husband's birthday and that he was running a race on the same day. That night, he received a basket filled with fruit, cheese, and crackers and a personalized card wishing him a happy bday. It made him feel so special. Job well done, Kingsmill. You went the extra mile in hospitality. We will be staying there each time we are going to be in the Williamsburg area. Won't look anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg