We stayed in building 5 on the 2nd floor. Two beds for my husband, myself and our two kids. Nice size room, clean, big dresser and closet and a nice balcony overlooking the pond. My only complaint was that the beds were small and tough for two people to sleep on.
As other reviewers have noted - the walls are paper thin. Fortunately it was mostly families and our neighbors were relatively quiet. The breakfast buffet was really good, but make sure you get there before 9am or you'll wait for a table.
We went to the fitness center, fitness center outdoor pool and lazy river pool. The lazy river pool is occupied by mostly families. We were always able to get a chaise. It also had the bar and pool side restaurant which were both good. It has the music and lively chaotic atmosphere. The fitness center outdoor pool was very peaceful and we really enjoyed it. The fitness center was also nice even though the locker rooms were still under construction.
We ate at Elements and ordered room service. Both were good. The staff in general was very nice and accommodating. We took golf cart and bus rides around. Although we could also walk, it was hot and sometimes just easier to jump on a golf cart. Staff would see us walking and drive over to ask us if we needed a ride.
We took the shuttle to Busch Gardens and the water park. The shuttle was very easy. Nice not having to park or walk a mile to our car. Busch Gardens is really close. We'd hear the fireworks every night at 9:30.
Kingsmill is huge. It's well run and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort a AAA Four Diamond resort situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in over 400 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg