“Horrible.”

Motel 6 Williamsburg
Ranked #69 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Horrible.”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This motel six is horrible. They dont clean your room, the give you dirty sheets and towels. The pool water is green there is trash in the parkinglot. And the place is infested with drunks and drug addicts not a safe place for a family. My advice, spend the extra couple of dollers and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jkulp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This Motel 6 used to be better, I would've at least given them an "Average", but it is in dire need of updating, cleaning, etc. Cheapest rate in Williamsburg ($29 in off season, $35 peak season). Might be ok for the business traveler just passing thru, but not for a vacationing family. Last stay I had to change rooms since the first room smelled like a cross between bad air freshener and a wet dog. Second room was much better, despite the fact that it appeared someone had used the back wall as target practice for a bb gun. Plumbing was fine, shower was small, wifi and tv reception was fine, and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Unfortunately, this Motel 6 now rents rooms by the week, so there does appear to be quite a bit of people that just hang around. Considering this and that the general maintenance seems to be slipping, I'm crossing this Motel 6 off my list.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This motel is more like a hospital than a hotel, except that a hospital is much, much cleaner. I would never stay here again. Our family rented 2 rooms at the advertised rate of $35.99 per night, so price was our main factor on staying here. We even used the corporate discount code CP545856, that brought our price down to $32 per night. But for an extra $5 or $10, I think I could have done 100% better as far as the quality of our hotel. Yes, the motel is close to everything. It is right next to the Holiday Inn and on a strip with many other brand name hotels and restaurants. It is right near the Outlet Mall. Please however, I beg you, stay somewhere else! You will not regret not staying here. I am glad were came late the first night, was at Busch Gardens the whole next day, and left early the following morning.

Room Tip: Forget about this motel. Go somewhere else. Leave this one for those traveling with pets.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank savealot2
Waynesboro va
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I got to Williamsburg late Saturday night and I should have got a reservation at a nice hotel/motel. First of all, they rent rooms on a weekly basis and there were men on the first floor at the front of the motel standing outside watching everybody who came in. I would think these rooms should be at the back of the motel. That should have warned me to get back in my car and leave. The room was far from clean. The sheets were yellow looking, the blanket was so old the blue was gray looking. The rug was stained, dirt in all the corners. No microwave, no refrigerator and not coffee pot. The curtain was broken. I slept on top of the bedspread, with burn holes in it, the first night. The air conditioner actually took the whole time I was there to cool off the room. I got a fan from the office and it was broke. Finally had to go buy one to sleep. I had them change the sheets the next day and I had to stand to make sure they put on clean ones. They put a bedspread on the other bed as a blanket. I could write a book about this terrible place. No more Motel 6 for me. I will sleep in my car the next time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sheila L
Silver Spring
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Feb 2012 Room 153 (to start) Beds not changed from previous guests. Pubic hairs inbetween sheets found at arrival. Mold/trash under beds/counters not cleaned/rags for washcloth-dirty rags. see my pictures and please don't stay here, it is far beyond nasty. my friend in another room made my room look wonderful. Police had to be called to have them repair the lock to her room because you couldn't even lock the door. Another friend (we were at a convention) got the wifi...it only stayed up a few minutes at a time. The TVs are all fuzzy and no channel is clear. Only about 4 channels available. Mr. Patel has this location as a franchise, He does nothing to maintain it. See my pictures of vents, washcloth and counter top. All their towels were the condition of the washcloth. the under towel you see is not theirs. Please know this whole hotel is this horrid, not just the room I was in.

Room Tip: Go about 3 blocks down to Days Inn near Olive Garden. Bigger clean rooms with cable tv, microwave...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeanette H
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We pulled into Williamsburg a little later than planned, and found this hotel with vacancies, so stayed there. The room was passably clean but absolutely stark. We got towels, a bar of soap[ and that's it. Not even any tissues ,but that was Ok. It all went wrong when our next door neighbors began to have a very noisy, rough, profanity laden fight. It was bad enough when they stayed in the room, but they took it outside in front of our door. We were half expecting a gunshot any minute. When we called the front desk we got no help from them at all. We tried again later with still no response. The neighbors kept at it until the wee hours, so we got almost no sleep. I would avoid this place like the plague!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dini35
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed in room 237 and it smelled very odd and we had an ajoining room that had the dead bolt lock broken off, but we could still lock with the knob lock. The Pool was was murky green and cloudy, I can't believe anyone would ever risk swimming in it. Out from room 149 there was dog poop in the grass, that I almost stepped in and dogs were being walked around by their owners peeing where they pleased. Please take our advice and stay somewhere with a good rating from here. Also some odd woman was lurking around our rooms and knocked on our door asking to use our phone in the room. She was weird and we stayed in our rooms till we checked out. She could use the phone in the motel office or her own room, if she had one?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family