“Disgusting,rude,bugs,broken down dump.”

Motel 6 Williamsburg
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Disgusting,rude,bugs,broken down dump.”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Rented a room next too a bum that lives here as a permanent resident. 110 pound pit bull chained too a tree infront of our room #106. Once inside the room cockroaches scurried up the walls.management does not refund instead they move you too another filthy room on 3rd floor. More bugs.broken door ceiling caving in from water leak.terrible experience. Vacation ruined!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel on 9/21 checking out on 9/22. At 5:30am (Saturday) my friend felt something crawling on him, he woke up to discover bed bugs had been biting on him, there were actual blood spots on his sheets. Long story short, the hotel staff was notified and they had nerve to ask if we wanted another room...HECK NO! The room money was return and the receipt had on it "Bed bugs found in room". Under no circumstances should you or your pets stay at this place.

Room Tip: Choose a clean hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The only reason why I stayed here is because my boyfriend and I were traveling with our dog. The rates are cheap and it was free for my dog. Most hotels charge you, so that was the only plus. The floor felt really nasty. The shower was wierd looking. It looked like some type of space shuttle. The room small and very closed in. We didn't even have an alarm clock. It was also very loud outside in the morning. My dog kept growling at all of the noise. I think they let people live in the front rooms. When we came in they had their dog tied up to the tree, and I noticed a t.v. satellite. I would not stay again. Next time if im traveling with my dog i'll pay the extra fee.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kiki J
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This motel six is horrible. They dont clean your room, the give you dirty sheets and towels. The pool water is green there is trash in the parkinglot. And the place is infested with drunks and drug addicts not a safe place for a family. My advice, spend the extra couple of dollers and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jkulp
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This Motel 6 used to be better, I would've at least given them an "Average", but it is in dire need of updating, cleaning, etc. Cheapest rate in Williamsburg ($29 in off season, $35 peak season). Might be ok for the business traveler just passing thru, but not for a vacationing family. Last stay I had to change rooms since the first room smelled like a cross between bad air freshener and a wet dog. Second room was much better, despite the fact that it appeared someone had used the back wall as target practice for a bb gun. Plumbing was fine, shower was small, wifi and tv reception was fine, and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Unfortunately, this Motel 6 now rents rooms by the week, so there does appear to be quite a bit of people that just hang around. Considering this and that the general maintenance seems to be slipping, I'm crossing this Motel 6 off my list.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This motel is more like a hospital than a hotel, except that a hospital is much, much cleaner. I would never stay here again. Our family rented 2 rooms at the advertised rate of $35.99 per night, so price was our main factor on staying here. We even used the corporate discount code CP545856, that brought our price down to $32 per night. But for an extra $5 or $10, I think I could have done 100% better as far as the quality of our hotel. Yes, the motel is close to everything. It is right next to the Holiday Inn and on a strip with many other brand name hotels and restaurants. It is right near the Outlet Mall. Please however, I beg you, stay somewhere else! You will not regret not staying here. I am glad were came late the first night, was at Busch Gardens the whole next day, and left early the following morning.

Room Tip: Forget about this motel. Go somewhere else. Leave this one for those traveling with pets.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank savealot2
Waynesboro va
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I got to Williamsburg late Saturday night and I should have got a reservation at a nice hotel/motel. First of all, they rent rooms on a weekly basis and there were men on the first floor at the front of the motel standing outside watching everybody who came in. I would think these rooms should be at the back of the motel. That should have warned me to get back in my car and leave. The room was far from clean. The sheets were yellow looking, the blanket was so old the blue was gray looking. The rug was stained, dirt in all the corners. No microwave, no refrigerator and not coffee pot. The curtain was broken. I slept on top of the bedspread, with burn holes in it, the first night. The air conditioner actually took the whole time I was there to cool off the room. I got a fan from the office and it was broke. Finally had to go buy one to sleep. I had them change the sheets the next day and I had to stand to make sure they put on clean ones. They put a bedspread on the other bed as a blanket. I could write a book about this terrible place. No more Motel 6 for me. I will sleep in my car the next time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo