“Modern done in colonial style”

Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We got the weekend package to include the spa. Loved the accommodations. Great location just walking distance from Colonial Williamsburg and Merchant Square. Very comfortable room. Friendly staff.
We had drinks in the lounge and enjoyed a live jazz band. The second night we had dinner at Traditions restaurant which was fabulous.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2014

First we got very lucky the weather at this time of year can be hit or miss and the weekend we chose ended up being warm. This helps the review of the hotel as well because one of it the best attributes is the location. It is located within a few blocks of downtown colonial Williamsburg. I am not a person who puts a lot of emphasis on hotels. I typically just want them clean and spacious after all its the location that I want to visit not the hotel itself. The hotel and room were very clean. As far as spacious not so much specifically the bathroom not out of control small but I'm a big guy and the bathroom left me wanting for space and there was no way both of us could get ready at same time as mirror and sink were a single. The room was ample size and very nicely setup with the exception of the TV which was locate to the right of the bed rather than toward the foot of it. There breakfast was very good but again given the price.... enough said in that area. The bed I though initially was on the small side given that I have a King size at home, I tend to travel in my sleep but this was not an issue, the mattress was comfortable. The hotel bar was very nice. I cannot comment on the spa as we didn't utilize it. The staff were very nice, without exception someone was always greeting me with a kind word. Like I said hotels are not typically my focal point but this a nice place to stay and location are great. As far as overall value and room/bathroom size you may be left wanting a little, given the price of the hotel. The upside of that there wasn't the typical budget hotel issues that are often associated with the cheaper price. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbashby
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you want to experience Williamsburg then this is your hotel. It's close to the Historic Village and you really get to feel that old town feeling. The hotel rooms are very nice and free WiFi in the rooms. If you are a runner, I would recommend this place as you can run the entire village and enjoy the historic and great views on your run.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel was so nice. The staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice. You can't beat the location, close to everything. A bus stop right out front that we used often to get around Williamsburg and to go to Busch Gardens. Parked the car and never used it again until it was time to head home. We were having such a great time we decided to stay another night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcollar
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My son graduated from William & Mary, so we have stayed at a number of places in Williamsburg. This was my first time at the Lodge. The room was beautiful and was decorated in the style of Williamsburg. It was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. We were very comfortable, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor of Nicholas house in a room with two queen sized beds. The room was v...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the day we arrived until the day we left, everyone at the Lodge could not have been more helpful and courteous. The room was spotless, large and very well appointed. We traveled on a Golf and Spa package. The staff at both the Spa and the Golf Course made us feel special. Incredibly close to the restoration and restaurants, our brief trip away from the snow and cold in New Jersey was delightful.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The location is great if you just want to go out and explore colonial Williamsburg. My husband got very sick while we were there. Big thanks to the housekeeping staff. He was sick and they were there fast. It was a great help with two little kids and a sick husband. The front desk also helped us with finding a er. Even though they gave us the wrong directions ops. Would stay there again. Hopefully while everyone is healthy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family