“Fabulous hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The only regret I have is that we were in town for only one night. Everything from check-in to check-out was superb. The staff was move than friendly and helpful. The rooms were lovely. Even the toiletries were high-quality. We will certainly stay here every time we visit Williamsburg. We were unable to take advantage of some of the great things offered by the hotel - golf/tennis clinics, indoor and outdoor pools, spa, bike rentals, etc. This hotel really knows how to treat their guests. I cannot wait to return.

1 Thank WPLandry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A upper leverl hotel with upper level service at a very affordable price. Rooms very spacious and well furnished including "period" pieces. Excellent "Wifi." Staff extremely attentive and helpful. Great location right next door to the "Revolutionary City." Only complaint was slow houskeeping. Room cleaning often went well into the afternoon and wasn't finished when we returned from our early day activities. Would highly recommend and will return ourselves.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jpswv
Spring Lake, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I spent our 6th anniversary in Williamsburg and booked a weekend couples getaway at the Lodge. The first impression of the resort occurred on arrival as we were greeted with smiles and welcomes by the concierge staff at the door. The door was held for my wife and I, and for our entire stay I never opened the front door of the Lodge coming or going for myself. While I certainly don't mind opening a door myself, the fact that the concierge staff was so attentive to visitors added a touch of service and elegance to the Lodge not often found at other places. The front desk staff was equally friendly and accommodating, specifically Michael, who exuded class and service. As we booked the couples package we found a delightful variety of high end chocolates and sparkling red champagne in our room. The room was beautifully appointed in a décor reminiscent of colonial times. The room was clean and comfortable. The oatmeal soap is indicative of the small touches this resort makes to make guest feel special. Our stay at the Lodge included breakfast each morning. I was truly impressed at how hard the dining room staff worked to provide great food and service to the guest of the Lodge. The breakfast buffet was well prepared and offered a variety of fresh, often cooked to order, offerings. Every member of the staff I interacted with during my stay at the Lodge was friendly, professional, and made me feel welcome.

1 Thank AmExplorer83
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Truly one of the most beautiful lodges I have ever stayed at
The room was awesome
you can walk to everything
we had room service everyday
the food was delicious and had roses on the table
a little pricey but really worth it
The staff was amazing,
the restaurant seafood buffet was so-so
I would advise to get there in the day hours it was hard to find at night

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank miss g
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just now getting around to writing my review. My wife and I stayed here for an extended weekend for our anniversary. The hotel was as expected and we enjoyed our stay. We got the room service breakfast offer for our anniversary and it was delicious. We were a short walk from the colonial exhibits and close enough to walk to some nice restaurants and bars near W&M. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jk2me1310
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location. Wonderful and friendly staff. Clean rooms. Right on bus line. Never had to move my car and within walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg. I stay here all the time and never disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a long weekend in Colonial Williamsburg. We took advantage of the America’s Historic Triangle Package for the weekend. This included access to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. The Lodge accommodations are great. Parking is free and easily accessible via an underground parking garage or spots are available across the street near the Spa. The package included free breakfast at their Traditions restaurant at the lodge. The buffet was great! Omelets to order. Fresh Waffles, etc. The Lodge has a convenient ticket office and patrons get a 20% ticket discount. The Lodge provides shuttle service throughout the town attractions. I would have given the rating a higher rating, but being there as a "couple", the one thing that was most annoying were the amount of unruly kids running a muck around the facility. Beside that, you can not beat the location of the Lodge for enjoying a stay right "in" Colonial Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the parking area.