“Very Relaxing!!”

Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband had a business mtg here. We stayed 3 nights. Very nice room, lobby is beautiful. Great amenities. Free use of spa, exercise room, pools for guests. Spa services have fees, but not outrageous pricing. Pools are a bit difficult to find. Bellman pointed me across the street & said it was behind parking lot. I walked over there, but no pools. Spent at least 45 min looking for them, when finally I had to sit on a bench & call the hotel. Finally found them. No sign saying there were 2 outdoor pools. I assumed there was only one. Screaming kids playing etc. no big deal til I saw someone go up some stairs & then I saw a sign AT the other pool, stating, QUIET POOL. Much larger, definitely quieter, nicer pool area. All adults. Really should have some sort of signs telling you how to find pools, & also telling u there is an adult pool as well. Otherwise, a great stay, peaceful, quiet, could have stayed longer....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hcefalu
Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Family was staying at the Willliamsburg Lodge and they love to eat in the lounge for lite fair. We joined them and it was nice - not crowded at the time so we got to sit and enjoy. 2 guests got the 3 cheese flatbread which they said was wonderful. Daughter got the chicken fingers which were freshly cut and battered on site (not processed) and she loved every bite - all the restaurants we went into had processed which she does not like - so her last night out - she got fresh and delicious! My hubby and cousin got the burgers which were very good. I got the shredded beef which was good. Thought the beef a little dry - or maybe they could have put more horseradish sauce on -but otherwise good. They have ice cream made on site which was delicious - however - I got their pecan torte - it had whipped cream on it with a scoop of a cinnamon carmel ice cream to the side with a light carmel drizzle. The torte was the best pecan torte I have tasted and with the ice cream and carmel - well I figured I was in heaven!! I will definitely go back for more when we come back to Williamsburg!! Worth the visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeachinIt28512
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The only regret I have is that we were in town for only one night. Everything from check-in to check-out was superb. The staff was move than friendly and helpful. The rooms were lovely. Even the toiletries were high-quality. We will certainly stay here every time we visit Williamsburg. We were unable to take advantage of some of the great things offered by the hotel - golf/tennis clinics, indoor and outdoor pools, spa, bike rentals, etc. This hotel really knows how to treat their guests. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WPLandry
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A upper leverl hotel with upper level service at a very affordable price. Rooms very spacious and well furnished including "period" pieces. Excellent "Wifi." Staff extremely attentive and helpful. Great location right next door to the "Revolutionary City." Only complaint was slow houskeeping. Room cleaning often went well into the afternoon and wasn't finished when we returned from our early day activities. Would highly recommend and will return ourselves.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jpswv
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I spent our 6th anniversary in Williamsburg and booked a weekend couples getaway at the Lodge. The first impression of the resort occurred on arrival as we were greeted with smiles and welcomes by the concierge staff at the door. The door was held for my wife and I, and for our entire stay I never opened the front door of the Lodge coming or going for myself. While I certainly don't mind opening a door myself, the fact that the concierge staff was so attentive to visitors added a touch of service and elegance to the Lodge not often found at other places. The front desk staff was equally friendly and accommodating, specifically Michael, who exuded class and service. As we booked the couples package we found a delightful variety of high end chocolates and sparkling red champagne in our room. The room was beautifully appointed in a décor reminiscent of colonial times. The room was clean and comfortable. The oatmeal soap is indicative of the small touches this resort makes to make guest feel special. Our stay at the Lodge included breakfast each morning. I was truly impressed at how hard the dining room staff worked to provide great food and service to the guest of the Lodge. The breakfast buffet was well prepared and offered a variety of fresh, often cooked to order, offerings. Every member of the staff I interacted with during my stay at the Lodge was friendly, professional, and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmExplorer83
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just now getting around to writing my review. My wife and I stayed here for an extended weekend for our anniversary. The hotel was as expected and we enjoyed our stay. We got the room service breakfast offer for our anniversary and it was delicious. We were a short walk from the colonial exhibits and close enough to walk to some nice restaurants and bars near W&M. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jk2me1310
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location. Wonderful and friendly staff. Clean rooms. Right on bus line. Never had to move my car and within walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg. I stay here all the time and never disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013