“Perfect choice for a family visit to Williamsburg!”
Review of War Hill Inn

War Hill Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
War Hill Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The War Hill Inn is a true gem. We chose them primarily because they accept young children, but the Inn is ideal for any age. It is spotless, the hosts are friendly, the room rates (we had a double) were VERY reasonable, the breakfast delicious (my son is STILL raving about the breakfasts), and the location is perfect for Williamsburg/Yorktown/Jamestown. We really enjoyed our stay here. We could have paid the same price to stay in a Residence Inn (we have kids and insist on 2 bedrooms when we travel) but seriously, why would you stay in a charm-less hotel when you could stay here?!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank HelloBlue

Reviewed 19 March 2010

What can our family say other than "PERFECT!" Mr. Lee is the most gracious host, food outstanding, rooms ultra clean, grounds perfect, kids (9 & 13 year olds) loved the cows/dogs/chickins, convenient to Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Mojo_Huntsville
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Inn is a few miles out of town, but this inconvenience is more than outweighed by its fabuous rural setting. The B&B business is situated in a charming 2-storey farmhouse surrounded by fields and trees. Rooms are comfortable, and the home-cooked breakfasts quite special, made more enjoyabe by the fact that they are consumed around a big table in the company of fellow guests. The proprietor, Will, is the embodiment of friendliness and civility.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I wasn't traveling with children, but I thought what a wonderful place this would be for children. Plenty of room outside to romp and run, calves to pet, chickens -- a lovely working farm. Convenient to the oodles of attractions in the area, it is beautifully quiet (except the occasional bellow of a hungry cow.)
The owner is educated, cordial, full of interesting historical tidbits and family stories of his own. And he's an excellent source of directions. Breakfast was fresh and delicious, not a "sugar cookie" breakfast.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and cozy, not luxurious, which suits me fine. Some B&Bs are so antique-laden, you feel like you're in a museum, which is not my idea of comfort at all.
There are two family-size cottages on the property, which might better suit groups or honeymooners seeking more privacy. (Next trip, I'd like to bring my daughter and granddaughter.) But the rooms are so well insulated, that I didn't even hear another guest's voice until breakfast. If I had to come up with a complaint, I guess I'd say that the window adjoining my bed had traditional ruffled country curtains, but no shade, so the morning light woke me a bit early. My bed might have been firmer than some would prefer too, but, honestly, the plusses far outweigh these quibbles.
Prices are a bit less than in downtown Williamsburg -- another plus.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank WTCCteacher
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We stayed at one of the Cottages at Warhill, beautiful, peaceful and in the middle of it all...surrounded by a quite evening. Great breakfast, hospitality...pleasent Inn Keepers, wonderful history, warming sunsets...now where else in town offers so much...
Wil was gracious, the room perfect and my new bride delighted.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank traveltdog
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My husband and I frequent many B&B's as we travel on historical vacations.
As it turns out, this turns out to be the best possible stay for those looking to enjoy everything the historical triangle offers yet gives you the opportunity to "escape" to a peaceful retreat at the end of the day. The country setting just on the edge of Williamsburg
was the perfect match to the perfect vacation. The grounds, the rooms, the common areas are all beautiful and well maintained. Will, the host, was available for conversation, historical knowledge and recommendations. The breakfasts offered different courses and were delicious. We stayed at several places during the week's stay, but had we known how great this place was, we would have stayed for the entire week.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HistoryNuts
Reviewed 18 April 2009

We stayed in the Wilson suite for 3 nights on a family get away. The location was good since this Inn was near the Williamsburg attractions yet was very quiet and we felt like we were in the country. The room itself was clean and great with kids as it had a separate room however the fixtures were dated and some needed repair (faucet was old and drippy, tub fixture pulled away from the shower, broken tile, etc). This room lacked window coverings or a shade so the sun woke everyone up at day break each day. The host was gracious and friendly but we didn't see him other than at breakfast. The food was nothing special and no snacks/drinks or tea, etc were available. We have visited many bed and breakfasts and this was the least special of all previously visited (I don't think I recall ever having cherrios and milk offered at a B&B). Main breakfasts were generally things you could easily make at home yourself (scrambled eggs, applesauce, pancakes from a box,etc.)- we expected something more special each day and were a bit disappointed for the price. I wouldn't visit again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family