This location is in a great location to visit colonial williamsburg its a short walk over the bridge. This is definitely a kid centric location the grounds are large and there's a pool but its outdoors and not heated. We played on the mini-golf course but some of the holes are well lit at night.
We stayed in a standard room and there is in room WI-FI. i didn't request any particular room but we got a very nice view from our room. There is a breakfast buffet downstairs that is similar to a crazy cattle call. Its loud and busy. We went down to grab plates of food and took it upstairs where it wasn't so overwhelming. We ate in the pizzeria Huzzah on site it was much more laid back. The drive to Busch Gardens is very short.
Its a good place to stay with kids especially if you will be doing any of the Colonial Williamsburg attractions. Parking is free so its nice to not have to worry about loading to car to park closer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg