Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
US$201
Autograph
US$115
US$99
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$102
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$80
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$117
Travelocity
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
US$218
2,347 results
All reviewsvisitor centercolonial williamsburghuzzah restauranthistoric areashuttle busmini golfcontinental breakfastrevolutionary citysplash padshort walkwafflesshuttle serviceping pongking suiteon site restauranthard boiled eggseasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at the Woodlands Hotel and Suites in July 2013. We were so pleased with this hotel and it's location. I can't say enough about this hotel!! The staff was wonderful, extremely accommodating. There is a fantastic restaurant Huzzah right onsite that we had dinner at. Our three children were thrilled to find that at the hotel they had a great pool, mini golf, and shuffle board. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast buffet included in your stay. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, fruits, and yogurt. The visitors center is on site were you can buy your tickets to Colonial Williamsburg, and you can purchase your refillable mug here that you can re-fill with soda, and even ice-cream in town. It was a nice savings for us to have these! You can either take a short walk into Colonial Williamsburg from here or take the shuttle bus from the visitors center. We definitely want to go back for another stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Onnelly
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family stayed at The Woodlands over Presidents weekend and had a blast. Great breakfast which is included, you can walk or take the nearby shuttle buses to Revolutionary City. We went to a special breakfast with The President’s, Jefferson, Washington, and Madison, very entertaining and fun! My husband played golf on the Golden Horseshoe, I went to the Spa, and my kid’s played miniature golf. Woodlands staff is friendly and the hotel is one of our favorites in Colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just came back from Colonial Williamsburg. This was our 2nd trip to Colonial Williamsburg this year, but the first time we stayed at one of their hotels, The Woodlands Hotel & Suites. Rooms were perfect for our family, comfortable, microwaves/refrigerators, everything was clean and our kid’s had a separate connecting room. We went on a Tavern ghost walk, had dinner at Shield’s Tavern, which had great food, with Colonial musicians and great atmosphere. We want to come back in the summer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a wonderful and fun stay at The Woodlands Hotel & Suites with my family and parents. The kid’s had their own connecting room and my parents had a suite, the rooms were inexpensive, clean, and it includes a full buffet breakfast. Staff were friendly and the front desk staff recommended great sites in The Historic Area that everyone enjoyed. My children watched the movie The Story of a Patriot in the guestroom and were entertained with a history lesson. We went to Huzzah one night for dinner and King’s Arms Tavern another, the food and service and both restaurant was superb.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

As a parent on a recent overnight school field trip at this hotel, I want to alert potential consumers to ask to inspect your room before you occupy. I'd check the wooden headboards (they slide up and out) and look for any signs of bed bugs - usually small black dots of feces on the wood or mattress, eggs look like small - clear/whitish tic-tacs -- - without dark and humans the bugs will likely stay hidden. Also look at and under the cushions on the easy chairs to see if they are clean.

We experienced a bed bug issue in one of our 10+ rooms we discovered when packing up to check out - one adult bug on pillow with blood and one adult crawling under the covers of the same bed. Staff was superb and quick in helping us clean clothes (they provided the quarters, etc..)and bag up suitcases to quarantine - all very quickly/without any frustration. They sent up staff immediately to check all the rooms when we called. They ended up finding 4 adult bed bugs in that room and we found the back of the head board had signs of bugs. However, all the students' suitcases were stored unopened in this room for 8 hours when we first checked in. The hotel's independent, I believe, exterminator company this week concluded in fact that there weren't any signs of bedbugs in that room (no eggs, other signs or additional bugs I assume) and decided the 4 bugs must have come in on one of the students' suitcases. We have mentioned the condition of the head board and are waiting to hear back. They still compd us for the room in question which was appreciated.

Note, 3 other rooms had stink bugs which we also reported - and the parents who stayed behind to bag everything found the rooms on close inspection (hand and knees) dirtier than anyone would like (hair balls and dirt in carpet and food crumbs and stains on the overstuffed chair) - and we thought we saw other bed bug signs such as exoskeletons from when they molt in between mattresses that we inspected on our own - but we aren't experts and clearly we were on edge - "what's this?!" I guess I'm simply feeling unconvinced that the hotel is "clean" and we brought in the problem.

My advice on this property is be cautious and politely ask to see the rooms before checking in. Clearly the bugs are becoming more pesticide resistant and this staff is certainly trying their best. Still we were very inconvenienced and all had to follow disinfecting steps at home for all the kids.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank constantgardener87
woodlands76, General Manager at Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you and your school group experienced during your recent stay at The Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites. I have tried to contact you and hope we can speak in person to resolve any concerns you have. I am pleased that our team was helpful after the incident occurred and actions were immediately taken to isolate the situation and provide all of your guests necessary supplies and services. Our hotel has a very strict pest control policy and I am glad it was followed, but again I am truly sorry that you endured these inconveniences. As you mention our pest control provider was immediately called and treated the room in question and inspected the surrounding rooms. They found no other bug activity and concluded that the bugs could very well have been brought in with luggage stored by the school group. In addition we called the local Health Department, they visited the hotel and verified the pest control provider’s findings and concluded that there are no bug issues at the hotel.

While it is impossible to know where the bugs originated, please know we take these types of complaints very seriously. I apologize that other housekeeping issues were noted with some other rooms with your group. Our housekeeping team general cleaned and carpet shampooed all guest rooms in January, but I have instructed our Executive Housekeeper to re-inspect all rooms from your group so corrections can be made. We want all of our guests to know that The Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites has rigorous standards to ensure that all guests can relax in a clean, comfortable, and inviting environment .

Ted Horan