We loved this hotel! It's so convenient to get to Colonial Williamsburg - a *lovely* 8 minute stroll through gorgeous scenery, past a real working plantation, to the gate! Or you can jump on the frequent free shuttle bus and get off or on at numerous stops. The hotel is spacious, WOODSY, well laid out and very relaxing! The pool is heated, the people in the lobby are friendly Southerners. Two words I would use to describe this hotel are FAMILY and FRIENDLY. The breakfast is fantastic, lots of seats for everyone, great food choices, and everything is really clean. I don't know how they clean the rooms because you never, ever see the maids and they are never clogging up the halls with cleaning carts. There was a magic show with a rabbit for the kids in the lobby. This hotel is a great price, too. As for the faux colonial wallpaper - there is something really charming about it! We loved it! (-:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg