My boyfriend and I chose the Williamsburg Woodlands because their “Taste of the Tavern” package seemed to be a good value and we were correct. It included accommodations, breakfast, a two course meal at one of the taverns in the Revolutionary City and tickets good for the length of our stay to the Revolutionary City. We also received discounts on tours and a purchase at one of the visitor center tours. We appreciated the convenience of being able to make arrangements for tours from our room and then picking the tickets up from the reception desk.
Our room had two double beds but neither were particularly comfortable. The sink and mirror are outside of the main bathroom that contains the commode and shower. The water pressure left something to be desired (for me but my boyfriend thought it was fine) but the hot water was always plentiful. They offer shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The bath towels are very small and would not completely wrap around me (I’m a woman of average build). The door and walls are rather thin so you can often hear those in the room next to yours and out in the hallway. One of the windows opens although it was generally too warm to keep it open (but that would be a nice feature in spring or fall). The A/C unit is pretty loud.
One of the nights we were there was sold out so breakfast the next morning was rather chaotic. They do offer a decent selection including breads, cereals, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage patties, a waffle maker and a variety of juices and coffee. However, it was so busy, it was difficult to navigate (especially with so many kids running around) and there was a significant wait when cups ran out near where the juices and coffee was located. I would say the food was average at best.
The staff was always very helpful whenever we had any questions. The lobby is nice and inviting and water is available all the time. The hotel is located immediately next to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and is in walking distance of the Revolutionary City, although the shuttle is very convenient as well.
There is a great pool on site but we weren’t there long enough to take advantage of it. There is plenty of parking. There is a spa onsite but we did not go there.
Several items could certainly be improved and I would rate this property average. The package did make it a good value (the taverns in the Revolutionary City are delicious!) but there were enough positives (staff, location, etc.) that we may consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg