Loved our stay at the Woodlands. The old-fashioned, cozy look of the lobby, clean rooms, and the lovely wooded grounds made for a relaxing family vacation vibe. The pool and splash zone are wonderful for kids, there is a free mini-golf course, a playground, ping-pong table, volleyball net, and shuffleboard on the grounds - most nicely shaded in the trees. There are even evening activities and games in the lobby. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast is in a separate facility a short walk away, and totally worth the walk when they have a full breakfast buffet with Belgian waffles and ham/eggs/sausages. Quick drive to Colonial Williamsburg or shuttles are available. It may be notable that we came at the end of the summer when the hotel was not busy, and the large parking lots and group arrivals center tipped off that this hotel must get quite crowded at times. The room was a bit small with two doubles instead of queen-sized beds. (Though as a nice bonus, the chair opened into a cot perfect for a kid.) But while a convention-style hotel would have given us more space and perhaps plusher towels, none could have given us a resort feel for a reasonable rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg