“Gracious, Warm, Friendly, Comfortable and Charming!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Newport House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 21 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Florida
“Gracious, Warm, Friendly, Comfortable and Charming!!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast by accident. I had mistakenly failed to book our nights correctly on our recent trip to Washington DC. So, while on the road, on our way to DC, I disovered the error and realized we had no place to stay on saturday night. We could have gone all the way to DC and stayed a night somewhere. Instead I decided to take the family to Williamsburg to start our vacation. What a stroke of luck! I came upon this lovely B and B and booked it for arrival on saturday. When we arrived I was overwhelmed by the pure colonial feelof the home and gardens. We wandered through the gardens trying to identify the herbs and flowers and marveling at how beautiful the grounds were. Someone has a true love of gardening in this home! We were escorted in, offered coffee, tea and water and help with our bags. The owners are wonderful hosts. The rooms are charming and very comfortable. I was nervous bringing two children into such a beautiful home. Our kids, 14 and 10, were made to feel very much at home and the owners took time to show our kids the musical instruments on the second floor. The house is a 5 minute walk from the shopping square and the main road of colonial Williamsburg. Breakfast in the morning was a real treat. I wanted to sleep in, but my wife knocked at me until I joined her downstairs. I am glad she did. Fresh squeezed juice, fruit, pancakes and a wonderful syrup of the times made with nutmeg. Fresh honey from the owners bee hives too! We had only one day, but we will definately be back! We were sad to leave. We could have stayed a week!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank HenryJax

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2009

My children and I have been to Williamsburg before, and stayed in a chain suite hotel; the Newport House is a much better experience all around! The room was charming, clean and comfortable. The flexibility of being able to easily walk to and from Colonial Williamsburg whenever we chose was very useful with kids. And the delicious breaksfasts, served elegantly and with careful attention to individual tastes, were wonderful.
But the hosts are the best part. Very knowledgeable, attentive and professional.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2004

In May 2004 we stayed at Newport House. It has only two rooms and we took both of them for our family. I would recommend this B&B.

The rooms were comfortable and charming and the breakfasts different and delicious. Excellent coffee.

The host is full (some might find a bit too full) of
Williamsburg historical lore, which he cheerfully imparts over breakfast.

Only tiny caveat it is a bit more than a 5 minute walk from historic Williamsburg (maybe 8-10 minutes).

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member