My arrival date was March 28, 2009. I was truely suprised at the cost of what I actually got. I had orignally booked my stay at a newer hotel for my Busch Garden vacation. I opted for the newer hotel because I'm very picky with cleanliness. My mind was changed only because of the distance of this hotel to Busch Gardens. I did not expect much due to the reviews on this site and the price I got for the suite. However, my mind quickly changed once I arrived to the front desk after 12 midnight. Upon entrance I liked the fact that the location is not in a busy area. The front desk staff were so friendly and quick at getting me on my way. (I expected a sluggish/hesitant attitude because of how late it was). They were just as perky as someone in a big establishment on redbull and no dose. My biggest suprise was the HUGE one bedroom suite I reserved. Not only was it clean but it smelled fresh. There was no hotel odor that usually comes with a hotel at this rate (my opinion). The linen looked new and was in abundance. The bed was very comfortable. I'm not sure how old this hotel is, but the walls must be very thick as there were many people going down the halls for breakfast and I only knew this because I opened the door. The breakfast was simply put, wonderful. They constantly restocked items that were low. From my past experience first come first serve was not an issue with this hotel. The food was fresh, all areas were clean and to say the least the staff kept up with a watchful eye on anyone having any trouble. To be honest they did a bettter job than some resturants. Anyone having doubts about this hotel should set the cost aside, that "you get what you pay for" stance, and book this hotel. The experience I had there should have cost more. $103.00 was money well spent. And Busch Gardens is only one mile like they state. No turns, underground railroads or anyt mystery pass ways to cross it's a straight shot. This will be my stay on every visit. Without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly & attentive staff invites you to "Be Our Guest" at the Country Inn & Suites – Williamsburg East. Let us delight you with outstanding service in a warm country setting. For your comfort & enjoyment we are pleased to offer a smoke-free family friendly facility with a seasonal outdoor pool, picnic area, video game room, fitness room, restaurant, laundry facilities, wireless internet access, library, complimentary breakfast & fresh baked cookies. Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure our central location, just 2 miles from Busch Gardens, 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and close to shopping, dining & golf make us the perfect location for all that Williamsburg has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area) Hotel Williamsburg
- Country Inn And Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area)
- Country Inn Williamsburg East
- Williamsburg Country Inn