“Good Italian”

Ranked #9 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Description: Now Offering Delivery Service!
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Been to this place many times and always have a good meal..We had the salmon special which was very good and the veal marsala which was great....the appetizer was the mozzarella caprese,,,always a good choice.....salad and bread came with our meal...the staff is always friendly and the prices are really good for what you get...We never leave there hungry...It's a must stop if you are in Williamsburg....

1  Thank Brenda L

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was visiting Williamsburg, in the mood for Italian food, and settled on Francesco's based on some reviews by "locals". Although small and unassuming from the exterior (in a strip mall), I was overwhelmed by the meal that I ordered. As a lover of pasta with rich creamy sauces, I settled on the Manicotti Florentine and based on a recommendation by our waitress, substituted the "pink alfredo" sauce for the typical Alfredo Sauce. The richness and taste reminded me of the best meal I can remember ever having from a small Italian Restaurant in South Philly in 1987. To think I almost stopped at Olive Garden on the way ....

2  Thank John G
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Although the restaurant is small and cozy, giving one the feel of an exclusive dining experience, the taste of the food leaves much to be desired. As a vegetarian, there were a few options on the menu for me. I went with the Eggplant Parm, which was just fine. It came with spaghetti and a red pasta sauce that was quite bland. My mom had the Vegetarian Capellini, which was also quite bland. The service was mediocre, which was in part due to how busy the restaurant was that evening. The espresso and the coffee we bought weren't good either. I don't know, maybe my palate didn't agree with the chef's. I personally will not come back here and wouldn't recommend it. the prices for the dishes were also a bit high. The prices weren't egregious, but I would have felt that the price was worth it if the food was more flavorful.

2  Thank Neurositar
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Beyond the beaten track on Richmond Road just west of the town line in a strip mall on the north side of the highway, but well worth finding. Francesco is Sicilian and he and his wife and staff work hard to delivery top quality dishes across an extensive menu. As tourists, we tried a number of Williamsburg's top restaurants over several weeks, and this one together with Peter Chang's (also on Richmond Road but right downtown) easily topped them all. Many of Francesco's patrons seemed to be regulars and they were not shy about singing his praises. For one late lunch Francesco came out of the kitchen to ask what he could cook for us. But you are unlikely to see him at night when it is crowded and reservations are needed. Soups especially stand out for quality, made to order when ingredients need varied cooking times, and served in huge bowls. A veal piccata was one of the best ever and ditto a lemon cake desert. With a group of four at dinner, all gave Francesco a hearty thumbs up.

1  Thank Cornett
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went there over the weekend with my son and ordered two different vegetarian items from the menu. The taste of both of them were OK compared to other places I have had the same items.