“Will not be coming back”

Super 8 Williamsburg Pottery
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lynchburg
“Will not be coming back”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked 4 months in advance and when I did it asked for 100% deposit of my room to be paid in advanced so when I arrived to the hotel, I'm thinking that the manager has already charged my card but no and had to pay for it then which was not in my budget for the trip. The manager, front desk and the headquarters were rude and spoke to me like I was stupid. I had my confirmation letter that shows that my card should had already been charged but he says he never charges until arrival which was not the hotel policy online. So, if you book in advance, you will still need to budget money to pay when you get there. My shower did not work at all and the bathroom had a very old mildew smell to it. I will not be returning because of the poor customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Limited time and tired o just piked hotel. $57 Is cheep so paid the man and went to the room. It smelled bad but knew we would get used to it. Water damage on cealing .Tub not stable. So dirty and noisy but I feel good and ready to start my day

Knew

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank sawders1
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Best thing about this hotel is to stay away! Just a few blocks from the Williamsburg (ugh) Pottery but a world away from good. Bathroom walls unclean and falling apart, stained bed clothes smelled old, well used, and air conditioner rattled and groaned the whole night. We were VERY happy to check out.

Room Tip: Find another hotel closer to town.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard c
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place was so dated and dirty. Our room didn't have any toilet paper, so I went down to the receptionist and she said she didn't have any. The doors didn't shut all the way, so be sure to use the chain when you're inside. The hotel backs up to a pretty active railroad, so don't expect to get any sleep. This place should be shut down. I have stayed in some nice super 8s before. This place is giving them a bad name.

• Stayed May 2013
SJ
Reviewed 1 February 2013

October 2012 we spent 5 days 4 nights at the Super 8. Perks are location is very good. The parks and most popular attractions are a very short driving distance 20 minutes or less. The check-in/out process was very simple. Parking was ample; although being off season I can't speak for summer time. The bad was that the breakfast was some packaged doughnuts in a dish and some juice. The bathroom looked like it had some kind of mold growing from the ceiling which was highly disturbing, the first night I had a rash, and was convinced there was bugs. Thankfully, I think it was just irritation to the detergents used because I am allergic to fleas and even mosquito bites so that would have been a bad experience. The other good is you are literally across from McDonald's and a grocery store is 2 minutes away that is well stocked and nice. The prices were very good, but I would rather have paid a little more, and had a better experience with the accommodations. And, the walls must be rather thin because we could hear the person above us when he had his shower on.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is better so you can park right in front of your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Littleray24
YogiTrive, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg Pottery, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thanks for posting your comments! We are working to improve the property and guest experience. We want to offer the best value to our customers
Nanty Glo, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2012

A lot of people expect the best and pick. Listen up. The price was 38 a night. I can't complain with that. The lady at the desk was american. Very nice and helpful. The manager/owner was not american, but spoke english very nice. By the looks of the hotel it does need a lot of work. It is true the stairs need work. Elevator eats people before all your party gets on or off. Rooms need a little bit of work. But people, there is a lot of work going on at the building of repairing stuff. In fact the code inspector was here to look at the stairs in the back that just got done with repairs. These people just bought this place and flipping it. Give them a brake. The last owners let the building go. So give them a chance.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Heather S
YogiTrive, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg Pottery, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive review! Hope to see you again on your next visit
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The Managers name is YEGESH. He is horrible. Our room was dirty, we had mold in all three rooms in the bathroom. Our beds we're dirty and so was the floors, table and sink. The foundation was cracking in two of the three rooms. I nearly fell through the thrid step on the second level because the steps we're broke. There was no light in the side of the building on the second floor where we we're staying. One of the ladies who left her name and number with us verified that the place has BED BUGS and to make it TOTALLY worse we found VAGINAL BLOOD on the pillowcase in one of our rooms!!!! The housekeepers who we're family members of the manager came in their night clothes to retrieve the pillowcase and brought another one that smelled like it had been sitting in a mold infested closet. The rooms we're very dusty and they don't speak english so when you try to explain they don't understand. we decided NOT to stay, the manager refused to give us our money back than told us that he DID not have a return policy and was not obligated to give us our money back and we had 10 minutes to go and view the room. Homeless people live and work there, told to us by the police!

Room Tip: Sleep in saved us thats where we wound up.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family