“Horrible place to stay!”

Super 8 Williamsburg Pottery
Ranked #72 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Nottingham, PA
“Horrible place to stay!”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We ended up checking in late as we were travelling after a 5 hour drive from home. The place was a complete dump. The sheets were used and THIN, the room was covered in dust as it had not been used. One set of sheet in one bed was dirty adn we had to use the other bed. TV was older than I am (25 years old!) and it was not very clean at all. I would not recommend this to anyone! Pay another 25 bucks and get something much better!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ash8410

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Nice motel with good price. Staff very friendly. I will stay again

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank dixm
Concord, VA
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This has to be the absolute worst hotel may family and I have ever stayed in. We checked in and there was no pool to use "temporarily closed" , the website said nothing about the pool being closed or we would not have stayed there, (this ruined it for my daughter's part of the vacation). Too many negatives about the room to mention (receptacles in the room were half way out of the wall, the blankets were stained, only 2 sets of towels for 4 guest, and list goes on and on). All I can say about the continental breakfast is thank God there is a Hardee's next door, because the hotel only offered stale doughnuts, no juice, no toast, and nasty tasting coffee and no where to sit and eat it if you dared to eat what was offered . It is well worth the extra $$$ to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank 4Eagles
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Where to begin???? The worse hotel stay ever! We were not informed upon check-in that the pool was closed (and apparently had been for some time). We realized this immediately upon entering the parking area - we hadn't even seen our room yet. We asked for a refund...no possible. Our room had an entire wall in which none of the outlets worked - including the one in which our lamp was plugged into! Great possible safety hazard at our head all night. We needed to make a local outside call and phoned the front desk for instructions. "Just dial 9". Yea...called back to the front desk "Oh, well it worked yesterday. You can come down to the front desk to use mine." There were 2 other customers waiting to use the same phone.......and this was a surprise???!!!! Trains in the middle of the night....sounded like the walls were made of paper. Breakfast?? We wern't expecting much but there was a better selection in the vending machine! Coffe or water and mini chocolate donuts or mini muffins. The price was entirely too high for this stay. I did not feel safe or restful. I felt like I was being taken advantage of!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cdschell
Southbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2010

the service was terible the toilet was overflowing and when my who is handicapped called the front desk they told her to come down to the office and get a PLUNGER instead of sending someone to fix it. the beds were like sleeping on a board. our room entry door had an opening that you could see through the side. this is the worst place that i have ever stayed not to mention the train going through every half hour

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grumpycat8658
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Not the prettiest of hotels. Be forewarned that the Amtrak trains runs RIGHT behind the motel. It runs quite often. The train tracks are about 100 feet behind the hotel.
Our room had issues with the air conditioning. It tooks hours to finally chill. It awoke us in the middle of the night. Our friend in the room next to us, had a non-working refrigerator.
The stepscon the backside of the hotel were terrible. it was like someone closed their eyes and put them together with a 3 yr old. you had to take your time and watch each step as you used them. Mismatched, bumpy and downright dangerous.
The elevator was creepy.
The free internet was down.
we used the pool later in the day and it was so dirty!
The breakfast offered was minimal as if they didn't want to bother. tiny donuts and watered down juice.

I did not enjoy my stay at all. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2010

After driving back from the Outer Banks of North Carolina (much like a previous review about this dump had earlier stated), I needed a cheep room. I'm really not a picky person at all, and a little bit of wear and tear in a room really doesn't bother me.

So, before booking the room, I asked to see it, and the poor old toothless woman behind the counter showed it to me. The walk to the room was rather dreary, and I became somewhat concerned about the crime within the area. However, because I'm 280 pounds and rather strong, I felt that no one would bother me. The room was really dated, there was a cigarrette burn on the bedspread, someone hadn't turned off the faucet on the bathtub, and the air conditioner sounded like my parents' old window air conditioner from the 1980s - very loud and a potential source of black mold.

But, I figured, "What the hell - I have no fussy wife to nag me about staying in a dump, and the place had wifi that worked, and it wasn't a budget buster," so I booked the room.
Stupid me!

Throughout the night, a very loud train barreled through, blaring its horn.
This happened dozens of times. The room must have been less than 75 yards from the train tracks. When I woke up, I began itching a little bit. I was in a hurry, because I had to get out before the 11:00 am checkout time.

About an hour or two down the road after leaving this dump, the itching became more intense. Soon I discovered why - - my legs, arms, and stomach were covered with bedbug bites. I couldn't believe it. Those damn bedbugs got me good, too. All I know is that there must have been hundreds of them hidden in that bed and throughout the room! I should have taken my camara with me - it was incredible how many bites I received from just one night at this Super 8/Pottery in Williamsburg.

I think that I would have been better off having slept in my car than suffering from so many bedbug bites. It took a good week or two for the welts on my arms and legs to subside. Having never experienced bedbug bites before, I discovered that the best way to treat the symptoms is soaking one's self in a nice hot bath for several hours, using an anti-hystimine topical cream, and benedryl. So, if you do choose to stay at this Super 8/Pottery in Williamsburg, you will at least be able to treat the symptoms after being bitten. Or, at least wear an airtight body suit to bed that will prevent the bugs from biting you while you try sleeping between train arrivals!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo