When we travel we look for Hilton family properties. Hampton Inns fit the bill nicely. We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend when we went to Busch Gardens.
The hotel lobby and common areas are clean. Front desk staff very friendly. In fact all the service staff in this hotel were friendly. Workers walking by us would always say hello.
The room was actually quite large with the typical Hampton Inn bathroom. The shower pressure was very good. I think the hotel had soft water which I am not a fan of. We did not hear any noise from the hallway or other rooms.
The one mistake I made in booking this room was not verifying whether there was a fridge and microwave. Every Hampton Inn I have every stayed at has free wifi, pool, free breakfast, and microwave/fridge. This one did not. We could have used a fridge to keep our water cold.
The breakfast was standard for Hampton Inns. The staff here was friendly and attentive. The eating area got crowded at times. In fact one morning, one of the workers (Haji) said if we could not find anywhere for my family to sit, we were welcome to use the conference room. That was thoughtful. A second coffee area in the breakfast area would have been good. Having the one set up in the lobby was a little inconvenient at breakfast time.
We did not use the outdoor or indoor pool. Other families were using it and appeared to have fun.
Parking was a little tight. When we returned one night after 11 pm, there was only one spot where I could park my truck - right next to another one. Had to be very careful not to ding the other vehicles. Other spots were not usable due to bad parking jobs of the adjacent car.
This hotel is a good choice if staying in Williamsburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a busy schedule of meetings or a fascinating day exploring Williamsburg's historical attractions, retreat to the Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central hotel. Swim laps in the indoor pool, unwind in the whirlpool or take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool. Clock up some miles in the fitness center or help yourself to free tea and coffee and relax in the lobby. The business center is always open for catching up on work or contacting family back home. For breakfast, our hotel near Colonial Williamsburg offers Hampton's free hot breakfast every morning. Hampton's On the Run™ Breakfast Bags are available Monday to Friday for guests in a hurry. Relax in a guest room or suite and watch a movie on the flat-screen TV or surf the net with free high-speed internet access. Pick up a late night snack from the suite shop and get a fantastic night's sleep on the clean and fresh Hampton bed(R). Our hotel also offers meeting space for an intimate business meeting or social event ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central Hotel Williamsburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg-Central
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hampton Inn