Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is only 1/2 a mile from Colonial Williamsburg, which was the reason for our trip. This Hampton is in excellent condition and provides a complimentary breakfast buffet that is a step above the usual fare we have been served in other hotels. We highly recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Deanna H
GM706, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We appreciate your willingness to share your resent experience at our property.We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The room was pleasant and clean. There was, however, a "don't bother me it's your fault" attitude on the part of the management. I had to leave in a hurry and left behind a key to my car at home. After returning home, I called and asked for the key to be sent to me. They said that they "don't do that any more". I asked that it be left with my name on it for Federal Express to pick up. They refused to do that as well. I had to call a local delivery company with whom they have an arrangement to pick it up and send it to me.

I will be traveling frequently to Williamsburg on business, but will find a place to stay with a policy of providing service to its guests instead of trying to save itself trouble.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rth73
GM706, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear rth73,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problem you mentioned have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed there many times and always satisfied until the last time. ONE "know-it-all" employee who does NOT know it all. Made for a bad stay there. They need to hire better people. There is a new girl working there that has an "I'm right all the time attitude". The rest of the staff was nice but that girl needs to go!!! She is a front-desk clerk and the only person I didn't recognize from my prior stays there. On several occasions I would ask her for or about something and she would IMMEDIATELY say "we have NEVER done that or NEVER had that". She would start talking LITERALLY the second my mouth stopped moving like she was a lion just waiting to pounce. I tried to explain that I have stayed at that property on many occasions and they did have or do whatever we were talking about. AGAIN she would pounce and say no we didn't. The 1st thing that popped into my head was "ARE YOU SERIOUS!". She was rude and definitely had that "I'm always right attitude". She wasn't wearing a name tag but I wish I would have gotten her name because I won't stay there again until she's not working there any longer. I've had dealings with many of the other staff on several occasions there and they have always been excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jack L
GM706, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Jack L,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I came here with a group in early April with a bus. The hotel is nice and even has an indoor pool and hot tub. Hampton Inn is one of my preferred hotels when I travel. Drive time to William and Mary College is about 10 minutes at the most from this hotel. Drive time to Busch Gardens is about 20 minutes give or take depending on traffic.
My only gripe was that when I came in with my bus to check in, no one told me where to specifically park my bus until the day of check out which was on a Sunday. I had to take up 5 parking spots in order to get my bus to park with space around it. I come to find out from one of the clerks whom seemed bent out of shape that a few folks were unable to park at the hotel since it was sold out. Clerk said I should've parked in a neighboring hotel's parking lot. Well that's very helpful after the fact and its not my problem when a hotel is constructed with not enough parking places for the amount of rooms there are.
So Group travel planners, be sure you check and make sure this hotel can handle large buses before making a commitment.
Otherwise this is great property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank penguinlimo

Dear penguinlimo ,
On behalf of all the team members of Hampton Inn & Suites Central I would like to thank you for taking the time to share and recognize our efforts to make sure we provide great service, clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests.
We are looking forward to see you soon....

Reviewed 16 May 2014

You are just a NUMBER to the Hampton Inn, not a guest. Book only if you enjoy being treated with indifference. We called 10 minutes after we booked 2 rooms here because we accidentally called the wrong location and was basically told they understoodit was a mimistake but hotel policies require 48 hour notice to cancel and we would be charged almost $300 anyways! We had to drive 3 hours out of the way! They did not care. The front desk reservationist stated that if she had the power to do something about it she would but could loose her job for helping????

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank BeththeBaker
GM706, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear BeththeBaker,
I would like to apologize for the issue you had with your reservations. Your concerns had been brought to my attention and appropriate action has been taken. In particular the guest service agent you had to deal with its not working with us any longer.
Please consider that a isolated accident and give us another chance on your next trip to Williamsburg
Please accept my sincere apology.
Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. The hotel rooms and linens are very clean (which are always my #1 priority). Breakfast is pretty consistently good at Hampton Inns and the check-in and check-out processes were seamless. Business center was great; I was able to print park passes for free--many upscale hotels charge for those little things. It was located about 10 minutes from CW and convenient to BG. Had a great trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank giacobja

Dear giacobja
We would like to thank you and your family for staying with us. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.
Looking forward to serve your lodging needs in near future !!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I only had one issue with this motel and that was the fact that I had to stay in a smoking room, due to my timing of reservations. The smoke smell was overwhelming every time I came back to the room. I even used Febreeze to try to eliminate the odor, but it was too entrenched.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim T

Dear Jim T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting Hampton Inn & Suites Central. Its our goal to make sure each and every guest feel like they are at home away of home. At the same time such words of praise fulfill the hard work of our team members.
I will be more then happy to share your feedbacks with our team.
We do appreciate your business and come back to visit us