“WOW, Real New York Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneseo, New York
“WOW, Real New York Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was at a small (sadly, fairly empty) mall near Willamsburg and saw a sign that said NY style pizza. "Sure," I said sarcastically. I hadn't found anything that came close to good bubbly, chewy, gooey NY pizza anywhere in Virginia. Whoa! Was I pleasantly surprised!

I ordered the special (two cheese slices and a soda) for a reasonable price and then stood back and waited while it was heated to just the right temp. Yum, with all that good mozzarella snapping its way back and forth and the bubble in the crust adding to the experience..

Had I continued further down the self-order line I would have seen what other delicacies I was missing; the pastas, salads and desserts looked wonderful.

I did make a second trip to the order counter for the NY style crumb, ever-so-crumbly, really too-good-crumbly-topped crumb cake. Buttery goodness and worth every calorie laden bite.

That the pizza is fabulous is attested to by the fact that Bellissimo does a brisk, very brisk take-out pizza business. There were quite a few dine-in folks, too, on a regular week night.

While this place is a bit out of the way, it is worth a couple of extra minutes IF you know good Italian food. Also, tell the owner a fellow New Yorker (me) sent you and wait to hear his humorous reply. ("I'm not from New York; I'm from the Bronx.") Ok, maybe only a New Yorker would get that.

Really, give this place a try; it won't disappoint.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank karengduffy

Washington,DC
“Definitely hit the spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were staying at the Great Wolf Lodge (GWL) and chose this restaurant based on TA and Yelp reviews. We really enjoyed it.

We had pep pizza, pizza roma (husband really liked the balsamic topping), salads, and 2 sodas. I really liked the homemade Italian salad dressing. Cost = ~$25.

The servers were friendly and energetic. A bit pricey but a solid dinner. Definitely would recommend it, especially if you are staying at GWL.

• Visited May 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
“Very expensive and not that impressive to boot!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stopped in for a pepperoni pizza, ten wings, and shelled out just shy of $50 and that did not include any tip!

They advertised a special for an 18" cheese pizza plus ten wings for $23 or so. We asked how much to add pepperoni and the guy taking our order stated that the special was for a cheese pizza only. I asked again how much to add pepperoni and he rang up the 18" pizza with pepperoni and ten wings separately while the price shot through the roof!

They did have a coke fountain drink which was nice but after ordering your pizza it was serve yourself. I am fine with that. After it was all said and done we all agreed that if the total were $25-30 it would have been a fair deal. But at just under $50 we agreed that there were much better choices for that amount. The wings tasted good, breaded a tad heavy, but they were small. Seriously, I eat wings quite frequently and these were definitely on the thin side.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CSZY67
Williiamsburg, VA
“Always Awesome -Best Pizza for miles and miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you're looking for 'REAL' New York style pizza, you have found the real deal. In addition to fresh, amazing slices and pies (the Sicilian is my favorite), there are all sorts of Italian specialties, like marinated artichokes, pasta, and fresh deli meats. They also bring all sorts of cookies and pastries down from the NY area- fresh and delicious. If you've got a big appetite and want a reality-tv style challenge, they also have a huge 36 inch pie you can pre-order.
Seating can be limited at prime times, such as Friday nights, but you can also order to take home.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mrs_chrism
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Real New York Pizza -- Great Lunch for Working Professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I love this place. It has incredible food at great prices -- pizza, salads, pastas and desserts. The staff are very helpful and friendly, and you are in and out of there during lunch in the blink of an eye. Great for working professionals who need to eat and run but still want something savory for lunch.

Visited March 2014