“Clean, courteous, and peaceful”

Comfort Suites Bypass
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family (me, my wife, and 16 month old toddler) stayed here one night sightseeing Colonial Williamsburg and to visit Busch Gardens. As a federal government employee I got a rate of $119/night and I would say this hotel is the best bang for the buck hotel in the area by far. The hotel is only couple of years old, I think, and it's definitely clean, comfortable, quiet, and the staff are very courteous and have excellent customer service. The suite is also a plus as we have a toddler who sleeps in a pack and play. We used the partial room divider as a "door" and put our pack and play on the other side of our bed and it not only kept that room quiet but blocked from the light and the AC that was running on the bed side. The breakfast was also excellent. And since it comes free with our stay, you can't ask for more. The free wifi was fast and easy to use and it was great since I had to get some work done at night.

I don't really have anything bad to say about this place. I traveled with another family friend of ours and they gave us corner rooms (quieter) with connecting door so our kids can play with eachother freely between the two rooms, which was great.

The location is also perfect to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens and close to many quality restaurants within less than 10 minute driving distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank kwondogg

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here late summer 2011 for 5 days. It was new, clean and quiet.
Breakfast was fine for FREE. Some mornings were better than others for selection.
The room was perfect for our family. It was quiet, clean and comfortable.
Nice Pool area to relax and unwind.
Had no issues with the internet. Checkin-out was a breeze and the lobby was quite nice for just chilling.
Plenty of parking and like previous reviews, there were plenty of places within walking distance to have dinner.
We left town on the day of Hurricane Irene to head back home.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the end of the hall as center could be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TheConstantTraveler3
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have stayed at this Comfort Suites twice now and I cant say enough about how nice It is, and how helpful the staff is! they keep the rooms very clean, I would say they could vacuum the halls more often, I was there 6 nights and they were only vacuumed once. should have been done more. but they other than that you will be very happy there...I would say..ask for the top floor if you can. nice and quiet up there.

Room Tip: top floor rear is best if you can get it
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kingoftheroadtrip
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed there for two nights.The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful. My husband has a bad back and he liked the mattress so much there I may call the hotel and ask what brand they use and buy one for home. The breakfast was adequate and was free. The television stations were limited. I liked the hot tub. My husband used the pool and liked it. Thee is a Golden Corral very close the hotel. A nice clean hotel.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room and there was no noise.
1  Thank sarasaraHastings
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We greatly enjoyed our stay of 3 nights in this hotel. It is very modern, in a peaceful position, with helpful staff and many facilities.The rooms are extremely spacious and very well-maintained. Well placed for visiting the sights

4  Thank traveller186220
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Decor has a very clean, modern look about it - very unique. The staff was very helpful and the room clean and spacious. Did not get to try the pool/hot tub, as a swarm of teenagers were staying there at the same time and they took it over. It looked fantastic though - I was disappointed, but hey, can't control who the other guests are. Also had a nice little game room that we would have liked to try, but, well, teenagers beat us to that too. Anyway, it was a great price for the quality of the hotel and it's very conveniently located. Tons of places to eat within walking distance. One tip - they slip your checkout paperwork under the door early in the morning the day you're leaving (I guess to help speed up your checkout), but since you haven't checked out yet, the field for "checkout time" is blank. I'd recommend asking for another copy when you turn in your keycards. This way, if there should be any mixup with the charges, you can prove that you checked out on time. Overall, would definitely stay again.

4  Thank Cristal0505
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights while visiting the Williamsburg area. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the amenities, and the friendliness of the staff. I consulted Tripadvisor and was happy that it received such high ratings. There are moneysaving coupons for this property in the books at the Virginia rest stops if you are a walk-in. This hotel is in an EXCELLENT location for visiting the Williamsburg attractions--very easy to find your way around from Bypass Rd. It is also near many restaurants and the Outlet Malls.

4  Thank Zebulon2012