“Ultra modern”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cape Coral
“Ultra modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at this hotel while visting Colonial Williamsburg, and I specifically picked it out because of the ultra modern design (and the good reviews), since the teenager in our family could only handle so much historical stuff and I thought it would be a nice contrast. In hindsight, I'm not really sure I liked that. It's really quite a clash. The room itself was fine, spacious, very clean, with a nice size bathroom and very comfortable beds. But it seemed a bit cold with all that black and white. Other than that, and perhaps apart from the average breakfast, I can certainly recommend this hotel. Good location with Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral across the parking lot, and the Colonial Williamsburg visitor center a few minutes away by car. The price was very fair, too, certainly another positive aspect. As long as you're prepared for the decor, this hotel will be a good choice.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 123stitch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Shawnee, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were very pleased with our stay at this conveniently located hotel. It was our second stop on a whirlwind vacation. Upon entering, I couldn't help but smile. The decor was fun and modern....being an artsy gal I loved it! And, of course, the kids did too! The room was spotless and the beds were extremely comfortable. We are a family of 6 with little ones and we were all able to fit comfortably in the 2 queen beds, but we could have used the fold-out couch if needed. Breakfast had a nice variety, was clean and restocked regularly. My 8 year old and husband especially loved the waffles you could make within a couple of minutes. I didn't have much luck with the hotels computers and internet, but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue in an age where nearly everyone has a phone with internet access....I just used it and was able to access e-mail and Facebook. We were only here to visit Historic Jamestown this trip, but I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again for a future visit to Colonial Williamsburg. The price for the quality and peace of mind knowing it was bed-bug free was a great deal! We got 2 nights at the end of June for around $250 (second night was cheaper).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AngelS_01_12
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in July, 2012 while we toured Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. The hotel was completely sold out but still very quiet. A nice area, convenient to restaurants and shopping. What we needed I was able to pick up at a CVS that's pretty close. Hotel looks brand new, very modern decor. Seriously, the room was as nice or nicer than 5 star hotels in which I've stayed. Our room had two queen beds and a pull out double bed sleeper sofa. It looked out over a neighboring forest/green area. Room had a mini fridge with plenty of room for drinks and necessities, as well as a small microwave. Breakfast was fine. Free, and the kids were excited to see a waffle maker. It was crowded, the hotel was sold out after all, but the staff did a good job restocking and bussing the area. Front desk staff was very polite and helpful. We came to Williamsburg as a side trip on our vacation to DC and am so glad we did. Would definitely come to Williamsburg and stay at this hotel again. As a bonus, the rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank M0m0f3B0ys
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was very happy with this hotel. The lobby and rooms have a cute art deco look to them. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean. The location is great and close to everything. I would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Jennifer D
Alden, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Overall the hotel was fine. My family and I stayed for 5 nights. We had a 2-bedroom suite which was great for the 6 people. The bathroom was a little small but we managed. The beds were comfy. The kids liked the pool except that after the 1st day, they told me that the pool area was not clean and there was garbage by the tables and a lot of hair around the pool area. This could definitely be improved!!!! The breakfast was okay. A little more variety would be a nice improvement. I was a little shocked that there was only 1 washer and dryer in the whole place! I would probably stay there again for the price. The staff was pleasant but very scarce. They could use more staff at this hotel.

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Although the Comfort Suites Bypass does not look like it belongs--aesthetically--in the middle of this colonial area, but the hotel shines among the ragged, tired hotels nearby. The design--inside and out--is contemporary, stylish, and attractive. The rooms are VERY comfy and clean as are the public areas. The customer service is wonderful and the breakfast, pool, fitness area, and game room are wonderful additions.

All of this at a very reasonable rate. Stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S
north carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I always check under the mattress in hotels, looking for unwanted visitors such as bed bugs. When I did this I found small chunks of food between the mattress and boxsprings. We were moved to another room on a different floor and in this room we found hair in the tub, phones not working and open bottles of water in the refrigerator. Was moved to a third room with a smokey smell. The person at the front desk was gracious enough not to charge us for the deposit and we moved to another hotel.

6 Thank luvourvacations