“Fabulous, family-friendly hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Amherst, New York
“Fabulous, family-friendly hotel!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Our family loved this hotel! Each member of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and updated. The breakfast area was always well-stocked and there was plenty of seating during the breakfast rush. Pool area was always clean and the hotel is close to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. We would definitely stay at hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank NYTransplant8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My twin teenaged boys and I enjoyed the large rooms. With 2 queen beds and a sofabed, everyone had their own space. The beds were extremely firm (too firm for me). The room was clean and well equipped with micro, fridge and coffeemaker. The included breakfast was satisfactory, but I would have liked to see a little more variety. I stayed for 6 nights. On several mornings there were busload groups in the breakfast area which made seating unavailable and long lines for waffle makers. I stayed on the first floor because one of my sons does not like elevators. The first floor is noisy. All first floor rooms are either close to the pool or close to the lobby or close to the laundry and maintainence area. It was quiet late at night, I did not hear any noise from adjoining rooms. We all loved the pool and hot tub. My children also enjoyed the game room and fitness room.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms. Rooms at the back of the hotel look out onto a grassy area rather than ont...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank singlemomoftwins
Delaware
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Our stay was comfortable. Check-in was easy. We got a room with 2 queen beds and it was on the first floor. It was kind of tight for our family of four, but definitely was ok for 3 days touring Colonial Williamsburg. Beds were really comfy, but the tiny square pillows were so... weird. Comfy, but way small. The bathroom was clean, but the towels were rough.

We left our room one morning and came back at 2:30 but our room hadn't been cleaned, although our towels were taken. My husband had to go request a towel for me to use to dry my hands with. So, we ended up sitting in the lobby for 15 mins while our room was cleaned. That was annoying. Not a deal breaker, but needed to be mentioned. The water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. They should probably invest in some kind of hall tree or coat rack, as there are no hooks to hang coats/jackets. The air unit is loud...my 10 year old mentioned it and I had to agree.

The free hot cocoa and coffee in the lobby is a great perk...especially coming in from a rainy day. My tweens enjoyed this drink station a lot. Breakfast was your standard fare. The waffles were pretty good.

The pool area was extremely hot if you aren't swimming. If you are just sitting there watching your kids, dress for the tropics--shorts and a tee! :-)

Overall, we'd return. It's very, very close to the visitors center...literally took 5 mins driving to get to the parking lot. The hotel felt safe and comfortable for my family.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MagMagoo
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

My partner, child, and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March for a family vacation. We visited Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Jamestowne. The hotel is very modern and new, which we liked. The rooms are large, the hotel has a nice indoor pool and spa, and offers a nice free breakfast, which is a great value.

There was one major and one minor downside to this hotel: the bedding and the furniture, respectively. The beds themselves were comfortable enough, but the bedding itself (sheets, blankets, pillowcases) was very shabby and did not make for a very good night's sleep. Also, although a new hotel, the furniture already seemed a bit tired...and I'm specifily referring to the fact that the chest of drawers never closed properly. It was minor, but over our stay, it became pretty annoying.

Other than that, everything was fine. Staff friendly, we didn't hear too much noise, good location. But, because of the let down of the bedding situation, we might try another hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tapdancer77
Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times while visiting Busch Gardens in 2012. Since my first encounter with a tour from one of their friendly staff, I have changed from my previous hotel of choice. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I did have one complaint the first day as children above our room were constantly running. The staff took care of that immediately and was very courteous about it. I like the variety of breakfast choices however, there is not enough space for the lines that tend to build up very quickly (but it was not a mind changer) which is understandable. It is located in walking distance from cracker barrel which my kids love for dinner as well as an all you can eat chinese buffet near the Kmart. With all that you get from the friendly service to the quality of the hotel the price is more than reasonable, and this hotel will continue to be my hotel of choice! Again great job to the friendly staff, it does make a difference!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ieesha
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The hotel is relatively new, but poorly maintained. They do not replenish the breakfast nearly fast enough, but put it away with lightning speed when the time is up. The air hockey in the games room is has no puck, but they have not turned off the machine, and it accepts your money. Both the treadmill and the clock in the tiny exercise room stopped working when we were there. The pool is small and usually crowded. The king suite was small and not really a suite, but a room with a 2' wide glass divider between the bed and the sofa. The double queen suite was a little larger, but still very small. The pull-out sofa was undersized and extremely uncomfortable, even for a 40 lb child. We were placed in a first-floor room, next to the fitness center and opposite the game room. Needless to say, we did not get much sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank alexman1968
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Great reception staff who explained how to get to Williamsburg. The hotel was a little difficult to find as it is way back from the road. The good side is that there was no road noise. Very modern lobby and very roomy room.
The drive to Williamsburg was very short. Get the coupon book for a really low rate. There is a laundry on the first floor with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Use the dryer on the right. There is also a computer on the main floor and printer is available for 5 free pages.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple