“Nice place at a decent price”

Comfort Suites Bypass
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I decided to spend a few days enjoying Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the parks, price and reviews. Upon check-in, we met Tim. He was so nice and polite. The hotel itself was a pleasant surprise. It was clean, updated and had a decent free daily breakfast. The maid service was also a plus. My kids left their Nintendo wii's and games in the room. I forgot to lock them up in our luggage and was afraid they would be gone when we returned to the room. To our surprise, they were not only still in the room, but neatly placed on the dresser. We will definitely stay in a Comfort Suites hotel again.

1  Thank rtuna2

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights here during our trip through Virginia. We arrived on Monday, before check-in time but our room was ready for us. I prepaid for the room through their website for advance purchase rates. Check in was easy. Staff was friendly. The hotel has a modern look. Very nice inside. Everything is decorated in black white red and grey. Our room was very nice, a sofa and coffee table area along with 2 queen beds a micro and fridge. There was also a large desk and closet. The bathroom area was good size as well. Larger than most hotels. There is a Golden Corral & Cracker Barrel out front of the hotel. The hotel sits was back off the main road behind Golden Corral and another hotel. This makes it much quieter. Everything was very clean and well maintained. They have a decent breakfast area for the morning with eggs, sausage, waffle station, yogurt, rolls, juice, and coffee. It changed both mornings. For a free breakfast, it was good, enough to get your morning started. We went to Busch Gardens one day and it was very easy to get to from the hotel. Also, the hotel is easy to get anywhere in Williamsburg. There is a 7-11 close by. Pirate Cove Adventure Golf is within a couple blocks as well as a DQ and K-Mart. We went to Ripleys, the outlet mall and Yankee Candle store, they are all within 10 minutes of the hotel along with many different restaurants. We did stop at Cook-Out to eat and its a pretty cool place. Definitely would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: The hotel sits back way off the road, you either have a view of the parking lot or the woods if faci...
1  Thank Brehm73
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I doubt that you can find better in the area for the price. Originally booked another hotel, but we found this had a cheaper price and great reviews. Very clean and well kept. Within minutes of Colonial Williamsburg. Good size room had 2 Queen beds plus a sofa bed. Includes a hot breakfast buffet with make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, coffee, juice, etc. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Kids enjoyed the pool. My wife especially liked the Hot Tub.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having stayed a few places in the Williamsburg area previously, I can honestly say that having found this gem I'm never looking back. My husband and his family frequent this part of Virginia regularly but this time I went with him, my mom, step dad, and step sister's three children. We had so much fun!

First off, the room itself is modern and wonderfully maintained. The beds are super fluffy and tall (I'm kind of short and had to get a running start most days) with crisp, clean linens and lots of pillows. The air conditioning unit was right beside the bed and, trust me, when you go in July that is an excellent amenity. The bathroom was just what I expect out of a suite with plenty of towels and free shampoo stocked daily by the outstanding cleaning service.

Then there's the continental breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! Waffles everyday with your choice of original or chocolate batter. And if you really want to kick up the taste, you could follow my lead and bring your own chocolate chips and cool whip. There was always something delicious and hot like eggs and sausage, fried apples, or biscuits and gravy just depending on the day. These were alongside the typical offerings of 3 cereals (Cornflakes, Fruit Loops, and Raisin Bran), bagels with cream cheese or peanut butter, and mini muffins.

And if all that weren't enough, I really have to boost the "for your convenience" shop located at the front of the hotel. On our last night, my husband had a bit of an upset tummy. The only thing he wanted to see for dinner was a bottle of gingerale. I didn't want to leave him to head for the local Walgreens because he was running a terrible fever with chills. And, since my family were out to dinner at the Golden Coral that was within walking distance of our room, I decided to hop on the elevator and see if I could manage a citrus drink of some sort. And there it was: gingerale! My husband was happy and that makes for a happy wife. Not to mention the friendliness of the lady who sold me the drink who wished my husband a speedy recovery as I went back upstairs.

Bottom line: superior hot breakfast, hospitable/ accommodating staff, and fantastic location. Is it October so I can go back?

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. Room is very large, comfortable and clean. Beds are very nice and comfortable. Pool and fitness area are small but it's nice that they have them. Only suggestion would be to add a healthy addition like oatmeal to breakfast. Very close and convenient if you are going to Colonial Williamsburg. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We love staying here. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the included breakfast is really good. The hotel is in a good location, too. Check-in was fast and our room was ready when we go there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights while we ventured all over the area. Nice, big, quiet room, close to everything. Breakfast was the usual, but always good. Avoid 9:00 -- very crowded while we were there. Staff was helpful in finding restaurants and giving help. Hotel has a pretty nice game room, laundry facilties and very quick elevators. Pool looked a little cloudy, so we passed. Only complaint is that the rooms are a little dark (need higher watt bulbs?). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family