“A Nice Play to Stay”

Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Atoka, Tennessee
“A Nice Play to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend on a quick getaway while my mother in law was in town watching our kids. My wife had a couple of requirements for our stay, a King Bed and an indoor Hot Tub (yes, we aren't too demanding). After reading the reviews we booked the Springhill Suites which had both. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and modern the hotel was. Overall it was a very good stay. Our room was large and well furnished. The TV was at a very awkward angle but swiveled so it was okay. We didn't watch much anyways while we were there, too much to do in Williamsburg. Location was great for our February visit, right in the heart of town. In the summer it might be pretty crowded and busy there but for the off season it was great. Breakfast was fantastic! Huge selection, well stocked with plenty of toppings (including spinach, salsa and cheese for the eggs and cranberries, raisins, coconut, and brown sugar for the oatmeal).
Only downsides for the visit (hence the 4 star rating) were the king bed (remember the earlier requirements) was older with large dips/indentations in it and the hot tub heater broke on our second day there rendering it unusable. Also, the bathroom did not have a fan in it which is kind of a requirement when sharing a hotel room and multiple people are using it.
Overall though a nice hotel, staff were very friendly, breakfast was wonderful. We would probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Everything you would expect! Extremely clean. Ideal location. And the staff is very friendly. Our room had a nice little fridge, microwave, and ceiling fan. The included hot breakfast had many options. nice and quiet.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BonVoyage2U
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past year and a half for work about 2x a month for a week at at a time. I love this hotel. For a short term stay hotel, its great. The rooms are updated and clean. The breakfast is delicious and the staff is amazing. Liz is my favorite front office gal. The gym is tiny, but I've never had a problem getting on the treadmill. The pool is nice, but not good for laps or anything. It's in a great location and you can walk to several restaurants, CVS, the community center, park and baseball fields. I highly recommend staying here for work or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BizTravelwDog
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, modern. The t.v was at weird angle, and they didn't have a lotion with the little bath stuff they give you. I only cared about that because I forgot my lotion lol. But I would stay again

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole C
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
We are glad, lotion nothwithstanding, that your stay was good with us earlier this month!! We hope that you come back again and checkout some other things Williamsburg has to offer.

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is newly renovated. The staff is friendly,courteous and helpful. The hotel is close to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens as well as many restaurants. The hotel has an indoor pool and a small fitness center. The hotel provides a hot breakfast that includes, scrambled eggs,sausage,hot and cold cereal,fruit,yogurt,different breads,muffins,coffee,milk and juice.The hotel has a good value for what they offer....My only issue was there are washing machines and dryers available to use but 1 washer and 1 dryer on our floor didn't work properly and 1 of the dryers ruined 2 of my blouses. Management was helpful and directed me to the company who owns them. Who were very helpful and concerned with the issue. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda L
Dear Brenda L,
While I was upset to hear of your clothes issue, I'm excited that the rest of of your stay was wonderful! We hope that you come back and see us again soon.

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel is newly renovated. I love this hotel franchise. I received friendly service right away. It was in the center of everything I needed: food, shopping and more. I will stay her when visiting Williamsburg again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sharon H,
Thanks for taking a moment to write a review for us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!

Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

If your looking for value, cleanliness, comfort, amenities, and close proximity to all the sights and Busche Gardens this is the perfect location and great place to stay. This hotel provides exceptionally clean spacious rooms, with a breakfast that is better then most of the hotels I've visited in the past 4 years. The pool was perfect with the water warm and relaxing (Dec. 2013), the excercise room had what I needed, the staff was very friendly, professional, courteous and accommodating. I researched the internet extensively before I made the reservation and this is the second best place to stay in Williamsburg. The first place hotel (a 5 Star) was priced at " $700. A NIGHT" they must have lost their minds!!! BOO HISS :( If you stay at the Springhill Suites you will feel safe, be comfortable (very comfortable beds) and have a truely enjoyable vacation in Williamsburg. P.S. I'm NOT a family member or employee of the hotel but feel it's my moral obligation to write a review when the hotel is an excellent place for families to stay. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas vacation, Springhill Suites!! The restaurant across the street "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" is excellent with a fabulous menu. DON'T miss this restaurant for a quality family meal. Best family restaurant I've eaten in, in years. JH

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jerry22601,
Thank you for letting all of us know how wonderful your stay was! It is our goal to make each guests experience a memorable one and it looks as though we succeeded! We look forward to seeing you again in 2014!