“Quite Pretty”

SpringHill Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I loved the room decor - lovely green and aqua accent clean white walls. The effect is fresh, cheerful and welcoming. The whole hotel feels this way.

And Marriott seems to be the one hotel chain to get the duvet right. I have't stayed at a Marriott in awhile so I wonder if this is system-wide? Instead of the bulky heavy monsters I've experienced recently, this duvet was light and airy. Now need to turn the air conditioner down to get a good night's sleep.

Another plus - the hotel is located along the busy road but set back far enough to give a more calming feel. I recommend a top floor room for extra quiet.

Pleasant staff, adequate breakfast, a bargain.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Clean, comfortable, spacious, large fold out sofa. The free breakfast was awesome-Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24 hours. Hot eggs, hash browns, sausage, oatmeal, variety of bread, waffles, 4 juices, milk, yogurt, and a friendly staff member full time to just keep the breakfast area supplied and clean. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had stayed in this hotel twice before and stayed again in February and I was disappointed by the staff and overall experience.
There were three areas of disappointment:
1) Noise -- I asked for a room in a quiet location, at then end of the hall. I was given a room at the end of the hall and was sandwiched in between rooms with several children.
At 10pm. on Friday night I called reception to complain about the noise in the room next to me to be told --- by the lady who checked me in -- oh well they just checked in so give them some time
to settle down. !!!!!!! There were also children running up and down the halls.
2)The elliptical machine which I usually exercise on was out of order.
3)I was disappointed in the breakfast. The last Springhill Suites I stayed in a had an upgraded breakfast (as advertised on the Marriott web site) --- lots of fresh fruit, cheese, ham, greek yoghurts. This hotel had none of these, only oranges.

The last time I went to Williamsburg in November and I stayed in a different hotel which was a better experience. I stay in a lot of Marriots but I doubt I will return to this hotel.
Interestingly after my stay the hotel sent me an email asking about my experience I responded with the above points. They did not even respond to me -- I guess that is how much they (dont) care.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank neilmj
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Neilmj,
On behalf of the management staff, we would like to apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. We would love to make it up to you. If you could please call me at 757-941-2000.

Kandi

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for a relaxing weekend getaway. We had a minor issue but Meaghan went above and beyond and made everything perfect. The complementary breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is located right off the main road and within walking distance of many attractions in Williamsburg. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kyle2007
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice, quick get away to Williamsburg . Hotel smelled clean as soon as you walked into the lobby. I was quickly greeted by the front desk staff. Greeted very nicely with all staff. I arrived before check in, but was able to check in early. No issues in the room, other than not having coffee in the room. We were quickly greeted at our door with packs of coffee. Easy, quick check out process. Would go back again and recommend to others visiting Williamsburg.

Room Tip: The suites are a good size for a family of four.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were in town for business, and found Springhill to be a great value and pleasant experience.
The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The front desk gave several excellent recommendations for local restaurants.

There is a nice breakfast bar, with hot foods and plenty of options, which is always a plus for me!

The indoor pool was heated, with handicap access, and the fitness room was adequate (the usual treadmill and ellipitical with some free weights.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, and there was space to relax. It was very convenient and we would definitely stay here again, whether on business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Price was under $90 which isn't to bad. Room and lobby decor was nice and modern. Strong smell of the pool near the elevators but I don't mind. Shower took a while to get past lukewarm water but once it got there it was plenty hot. Bed was comfortable with plenty of food options all around and hot breakfast in the morning always a plus in my book.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple