“EXCELLENT front desk staff!”

SpringHill Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Virginia
“EXCELLENT front desk staff!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my first time staying at a Springhill Suites property. I am a rewards member and typically use Courtyard or Residence Inn. I got an excellent reward member rate by watching online rates! The best part about this property is the outstanding guest service. Upon checking in I was greeted by Shawn and Beverly. They went over and beyond to ensure my check-in experience was excellent. There were no carts available for my luggage and Beverly actually found one and brought it to the front desk for me to use. Shawn took extra time to recommend good places for food delivery and even gave me several menus. The next evening he inquired which delivery option I chose and if I was pleased. I was very impressed! I also received prompt, courteous service from Shannel and Elizabeth. I inquired about a late check-out and was even offered a 7pm check-out for a fee of half the nightly rate. This is the first time ANY Marriott property has offered me this. I would absolutely recommend this property. Customer service, courtesy, and kindness go a long way. I gave "rooms" an average rating only because the bathroom is in serious need of upgrading/renovation. The rest of the room appeared to be newly renovated and quite clean and bright. The location is quiet, but in a prime location to access shopping, sight seeing, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

When traveling my family and I generally stay in this type of place. A little more room, a kitchen, fridge and internet all help keep us occupied when we aren't out. After killing several ants upon our arrival, this place was nice enough to not make up our room the first night then not leave us towels when they did make up the room the next night. The toilet runs constantly (as in all night) and the bathroom door doesn't lock. It seems like it locks but you can open it anyway. Included breakfast and free internet are great, but get to breakfast early because seating is limited. The pool and the gym are small, really small but functional for a few people at a time. The gym has 4 or 5 pieces of equipment, nothing more. It's worth the price but you are not getting a deal.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Joe C
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Joe C,
First of all, my sincerest apologies that you experienced issues in your room. We would love the chance to make it up to you. Can you please call me at 757-941-2000?

Kandi
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The hotel had two large groups of teenagers visiting Williamsburg on tours, but the hotel was still quiet. The only issue was the toilet had a slow leak and kept coming on periodically. When I addressed the matter with the staff, they were very apologetic. All in all, another good experience with this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Summersville, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in April 2014. It is a very clean hotel, and it had been renovated as stated. The hotel staff was remarkable, and we were welcomed by name when coming and going. They have a nice market area where you can buy water, pop, candy bars, chips, etc. They also have coffee and tea out 24/7. My two complaints: the bed was very old.. it dipped in the middle and mattress was torn.. and there was a slight smell in the front entrance, elevator, and the heating/cooling system in the bedroom. However, we hung up a little air freshener and I'll take a bad bed for a clean hotel any day. On the way there we got a coupon book and there was a 20% coupon for the hotel. I don't think I would have kept my reservation there or go back for full price (because of the bed), but for $79 a night.. you can't beat that.

It was nicely located and close to all the attractions. I can't say anything for the fitness area or pool. We didn't use it. Also, there was wifi, microwave, and a fridge in our room that worked well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here with my family for a quick weekend trip to Busch Gardens. The location is great and is centrally located to area attractions. The last time we stayed here we had an issue with a fire alarm, but this was made right by the manager of this hotel, which we appreciated. This time there was some noise by nearby neighbors, but was a big improvement over a fire alarm. Breakfast and staff was all good. The room and linens were all clean and fresh. We would return to this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lilsprstr
Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I loved the room decor - lovely green and aqua accent clean white walls. The effect is fresh, cheerful and welcoming. The whole hotel feels this way.

And Marriott seems to be the one hotel chain to get the duvet right. I have't stayed at a Marriott in awhile so I wonder if this is system-wide? Instead of the bulky heavy monsters I've experienced recently, this duvet was light and airy. Now need to turn the air conditioner down to get a good night's sleep.

Another plus - the hotel is located along the busy road but set back far enough to give a more calming feel. I recommend a top floor room for extra quiet.

Pleasant staff, adequate breakfast, a bargain.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Clean, comfortable, spacious, large fold out sofa. The free breakfast was awesome-Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24 hours. Hot eggs, hash browns, sausage, oatmeal, variety of bread, waffles, 4 juices, milk, yogurt, and a friendly staff member full time to just keep the breakfast area supplied and clean. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014