“Birthday Getaway”

Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Birthday Getaway”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I took a trip to colonial Williamsburg and Busch gardens for my birthday. This hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was cheerful and helpful. The rooms were welcoming. It was great to have a mini kitchen in our room. The gym was amazing and clean. Didn't have that typical "gym smell" the pool was a good size and open 24 hours for hotel guests. Overall it was a great place to call "home" of the long weekend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Courtney P
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and I must say, I really enjoyed my stay here. It is conveniently located about 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, there are many restaurants around the area and there is an excellent made to order breakfast in the hotel lobby everyday.

The check-in process was very fast, the service was extremely friendly and the room was clean and very comfortable. In the room, there is a Keurig, microwave and fridge which was so convenient for the both of us!

I want to recognize and give a special thank you to those who work and cook at the breakfast area a very special thank you. Every morning, they greeted my boyfriend and I, gave superior service and treated me as if we were the only guests there. The made to order breakfast is so delicious and I recommend trying it!

Would I stay here again? Most definitely.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yeaitsden
Thank you for your recent review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our staff members. I will be sure to pass on your praise. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this Hilton Garden for three nights and had a really nice suite. Very comfortable and clean room; housekeeping staff were excellent. Hotel is located near Williamsburg attractions and lots of restaurants and shops are nearby. We did the B&B package to include breakfast with the room which I would recommend. The breakfast is delicious. There is chef making eggs 'cook to order as you like them' along with sausage and bacon. You also have a selection of pastries, muffins, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Then there are the 'hostess ladies' who treat you like family and make sure your coffee cup is full as well as your stomach. In the evening, there are snacks and drinks available as you return from a day of touring.

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, almost. My only complaint was the fire alarm situation. It went off one evening just as we were getting ready to go out for dinner. We quickly dressed and grabbed essentials to get out of the building since the front desk didn't know why the alarm rang. The fire department arrived but there appeared to be no fire; we were told it was a malfunction in the system and would be addressed that night with the alarm company coming to evaluate the system. That night, since we were going to be checking out in the morning, I made sure all our stuff was packed and organized so we could quickly dress and get out of there in case the alarm went off in the middle of the night. Well, in the morning just as we were tying our shoes to get ready to go for breakfast, the alarm went off again. So we grabbed our bags, walked down from the 4th floor and packed the car ... we then watched the fire department arrive at the front entrance. After about 15-20 minutes, the all clear was sounded and we were allowed in the hotel for breakfast. This time we heard that someone had been smoking in their room and set off the alarm. Well, I don't know if this was true or not but after seeing that someone else recently posted a review that included a mention of the fire alarm problem during their stay, I'm wondering if it has been a regular event at this hotel. We laughed the whole experience off but it was actually annoying and a little unsettling to sleep that last night since you never know what type of emergency can occur when staying in a hotel. Before booking a room, ask if they have fixed their fire alarm system.

1 Thank RestedSister
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the review regarding the your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the false alarm that happened twice during your stay with us. Both times the fire alarm did go off because of a computer error with our fire alarm company. Our fire alarm company has identified and fixed the problem so we should not have this happen again in the future. I am glad to hear that this did not take away from your overall impression of our hotel as guest satisfaction is our primary goal. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Salem, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights last week. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. The room was immaculate. Everything was clean and fresh. The beds were very comfortable, and it was very quiet there. The hotel is situated back away from the road, so there is not any traffic noise to deal with. I loved having a Keurig coffee maker in the room! Breakfast was served next to the lobby each morning. Check in was very fast, and the desk clerk was very helpful. The hotel has an indoor pool, but there are lounge chairs outside of the pool area if you prefer to sit outside. There are several restaurants right in the area of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Renee C
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you that you not only enjoyed your stay but our amenities as well. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon and it was wonderful! I wish we would have stayed there longer. Robin at the front desk was so nice to us and gave us a great recommendation for dinner. We will definitely be back! Everyone was super nice and the room was very clean!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura G
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the last night of your honeymoon with us. Thank you for recognizing Robin at the front desk. I will be sure to pass on your praise. Congratulations on your marriage and we hope you will join us again to celebrate your 1st anniversary.

purcellville, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I loved this hotel. The facility was absolutely lovely. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Really nice pool/hot tub and gym. Nicely sized rooms and very clean. The beds was comfortable, however pillows are over-sized so not the most comfortable. I didn't eat breakfast here but it did look like a really good selection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

chesterfield, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Hotel. The facility was very clean and the staff friendly. I really appreciated the late check-out. I stayed on a weekend and it was not too noisy. The location is great and in walking distance to good restaurants. Plan to stay again next year when I return for the RUN FOR THE DREAM half marathon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. . We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again when you return for the Run For the Dream marathon.