“Excellent!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2016

The food was great, the manager Erin was helpful and polite, Jessica our server was on point with recommendations and the kids and the Chef Emily even took the time to come out and say Hi!. over all a great experience and staff..

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Had dinner at the Marina while visiting the Kingsmill resort. Dining room had a nice view overlooking the James River. Had a calamari appetizer which was plentiful and tasty. It was served with marina sauce - I prefer my calamari RI style with peppers, but the calamari was well prepared. I had the Paella which was prepared differently than other restaurants where I have had the dish. Usually it was prepared in a broth but this was prepared fairly dry. It had clams, shrimp, whitefish, and chicken in a skillet with rice and pieces of chorizo. It was reasonably priced at $18 - I typically pay more for this dish. The clams were very small and dry - not very good, but the rest was tasty. My friend had the seared tuna rare which he thought was very good. We had a medium priced decent bottle of wine. Bill for two dinners with a shared appetizer and bottle of wine was $98 excluding tip.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Outdoor dining at its best. Wonderful menu that changes seasonally. Barbecue pork ribs were meaty and delicious. Crab cakes were fantastic. Great view of the sunset over the James River. Enjoyable 3 piece combo offered nice finishing touch to the dining. Seating around a fire pit when weather is a little chilly. Indoor seating is available.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Maybe I expected more because of the location of the Marina Bar and Grill right on the James River, but it's overall impression is lacking. I arrived without a reservation (3 people) at 6pm. We were told by the hostess that there were no seats available unless we wanted to sit outside on the deck, so as we were guided to our outside seats, we passed at least 5 tables that were unoccupied. Once at our table, the service was ok. The waitress did not follow the proper etiquette of a high end restuarant, but was friendly and refilled our drinks when needed. The food was good, I had the burger, it was large with the proper ammenities, my friend had the chicken which she liked, but the food did take a long time to get to us. Luckily, I was there to visit friends, so having to wait didn't bother me. I do believe they have a lot of room to grow. I would not recommend this to a visitor to Williamsburg and would have rather stayed in that area and went to a tavern.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Went to the new JLG (James Landing Grill) at Kngsmill Marina Sunday for lunch. I life in Kingsmill and have been to the old version before this spring's remodel.

The food is good, about the same menu as the old marina restaurant. I had the hamburger that some other reviewers described. Much better than their experience. Mine was tasty and cooked correctly.

The new building is beautiful. My only question on the new design is: why are the restrooms upstairs? Oh, yeah. The restrooms are up a flight of stairs and 80% of the tables are downstairs.

Service was bad. Really bad. But, I'm thinking that is just because it has all new staff. I believe the service will inprove with time. The other restaurants in Kingsmill have wonderful staff.

Go to JLG (James Landing Grille) for the views of the James River, the food, and expect some growing pains with the young/inexperienced staff. Don't sulk. Ask for what you need. I'll go back.