I booked a 3-star hotel through Hotwire's Secret Hot Rate and was given this hotel. The hotel is quite nice. The staff is very friendly and they have fresh-baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the reception desk. The reception area is cozy with comfortable sofa and chairs and the front porch is a nice touch with tables and chairs. The room has 2 queen beds with duvet covers, a large flat screen TV with HD programming, microwave & fridge and a nice bathroom. The HVAC has a dicital temperature display to make setting the room temperature easy. They have a heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi, which is open from 6am - 12am. The breakfast is a typical 3-star fare, with hot items like make your own waffles, and a daily change of sausage or chicken patties and gravy/biscuits or eggs, along with traditional continental breakfast fare. Many may complain about the crowds at breakfast. There are nine 4-tops and one 2-top for seating in the breakfast area. The crowd depends on when you go to breakfast. I went swimming in the mornings. From the pool, you can see the breakfast area. Traffic for breakfast is very light from 6:30am to 8:00am, but gets very crowded from 8:00am on. If the weather is nice, sit at the tables on the front porch, instead.
The only restaurant within walking distance is a Denny's across the street, but there are numerous restaurants within 1 mile of the hotel. The only issue we had with the hotel was that the internet was not very fast, at around 2 mbps, was difficult to sign into and kicked us off often. We will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its charming decor and comfortable amenities, the award-winning Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg hotel creates a welcoming atmosphere sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Conveniently located near historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Jamestowne Settlement, Yorktown Victory Center and Williamsburg Winery, our hotel in Williamsburg, VA provides easy access to a wealth of attractions, restaurants and entertainment. In addition, we offer countless amenities, from indoor pool, Jacuzzi, brand new Fitness Center and complimentary hot breakfast, so you're sure to enjoy your stay. Be our guest at the Country Inn & Suites and see what sets us apart from other hotels in Williamsburg, Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area
- Country Inn Williamsburg
- Country Inn Suite Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Country Inn