“Williamsburg”

Red Roof Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great place and excellent value. Very comfortable room. Work area for business traveler was perfect. Great location, quiet and safe. Definitely will stay there again. The owners of the Hotel are on location and are committed to excellent service and a clean and neat property. Very friendly and service oriented staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Arellanes
victor p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for the kinds words from your recent stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Victor
Williamsburg , VA.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Been a traveler since 1969 this place has it all! King size bed, huge big screen tv with matching channels, refrigerator, microwave, pool, ac, ice machines, soda machines, hair drier, iron, iron board, and not mention great staff (Seema & Victor). Here's the real catch the area is super safe to walk around, you are 1 min away from a Pancake House that opens at 6, and a Sal's Italian resturant across street. You are 2 minutes away from every place you would want to go Olive Garden, Outback, Golden Coral, tons of places! Now the best part you are central to the Yorktown, Jamestown, and colonial Williamsburg. Bush Gardens, Go Carts Plus. You will save a lot of money staying here as room accommodations are reasonable! Thumbs up on this one..

Room Tip: Unlike other motels and hotels this motel is in a quieter area where neighbors complimented the area...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven F
victor p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear you were happy with the location and the accommodations you received. We hope you stay with us next time you are in town.I am glad that you enjoy all the amenity at hotel and Thanks for taking time out of your day to provide us with some feedback. I will be sure to pass along the nice comments to the staff. They work hard to make sure you are as happy as possible throughout your visit. We look forward to seeing you again.
Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We ended up at this hotel because the previous hotel messed up our reservation. When we checked in, and got to our room my fiance noticed he had overpaid for the room by twenty dollars. So he went to the front desk and they said no you didn't overpay us. About half hour of trying to figure out what happened, they call our room and ask if we found our money. We said no they gave us our twenty dollars back. The room itself is really not bad,it had a bad smell. And neither one of us got phone reception!!! The second day it was a gas leaking type smell coming out of the vent in the bathroom. I believe the maid service goes through your personal belongings because when we came back from shopping I noticed that my suitcase which I had placed a mirror on a certain way was moved and placed differently. Nothing missing though. If you don't mind using the room phone and calling long distance,or you don't want to be reached then the room would be OK.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank katrina r
victor p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for choosing this hotel during your visit to the area. I apologize the rates were not your satisfaction, however we try to stay competitive in the market. Also wants to thanks for liking our room and we will get you a discounted rate! On next visit Please come back and see us again also noticed that my house keeper move your stuff during the cleaning process but nothing else Purpose .I will speak to my staff not to do in future I am glad that my staff give your money that overpaid at check in time it's hard to find honest employee and Thank you for the feedback.
Williamsburg ,VA.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you're looking for a cheap hotel away from the busyness of the tourist, then I would recommend this particular location. It is close to the old town and Richmond Road with all of its restaurants, shopping and night life. This hotel is family owned and the owners were very willing to accommodate my requests.

I have stayed here on two separate occasions when I was wanting a clean, quiet and safe stay without dropping a lot of extra dollars. They were more than willing to put me on a less traveled floor that was reserved for those without pets. I found my room to be clean, oder free, well put together and comfortable for a short stay. I don't think you would be disappointed in your stay. They even offer a breakfast in the a.m. which I did not take advantage of but was surprised that something of refreshment was offered as this is not the case in other Red Roof Inns that I have stayed in. I noted to the owner that the sink drain in my room did not drain properly on my first stay. It was fixed and working properly on my return visit just two weeks later.

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor before deciding to book a stay at this location as I am can not tolerate a dirty room or cigarette smoke. This is a non-smoking location and the pictures on their website were true to view. I am sure there would be more quests during the busy summer season, but during my two stays in April and May the hotel was not busy. I found the grounds well kept and a general cleanliness to the property. I was pleased with my modest room with its desk and comfortable office chair. It was spacious, quiet, and clean. The air conditioner worked very nicely.

I would recommend this economical place to stay if you're looking to save a few dollars to spend on more souvenirs or nights out for fine dining. A pleasant experience!

Room Tip: If you do not have pets, be sure to let the front desk clerk know. They do reserve a couple of room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MrGlen
victor p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are so delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations.

It always pleases us when a guest appreciates our efforts to make checking in and out of our property hassle free and to provide a clean and quiet place to rest. Our staff will tickled to hear that you enjoyed the recent stay.

We hope to see you again soon. It would be a pleasure to serve you.
Red a Roof Inn

Reviewed 7 May 2014

A very pleasant place to stay. The management aims to please, and staff took care of our needs throughout the week. Our pets were made welcome and that is important to us! Location is convenient yet a quiet and peaceful area.

Room Tip: Down and out are favorite rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matha C
victor p, Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear you were happy with the location and the accommodations you received. We are looking forward you to stay with us next time you are in town.our staff and I also enjoyed every time you visit Williamsburg.
Williamsburg, VA .

Reviewed 7 May 2014

For a budget motel, the room was clean and comfortable. It was close to both the outlets and historic Williamsburg. The bathroom was a little small but it's to be expected with a budget motel.
Owner was friendly and the cleaning staff did a great job on the room each day. This will definitely be my go-to hotel when I visit again. You can't beat the value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

our room had mold, stained walls,ripped carpet, what appeared to be diarrhea on the sheets,uncleaned toilet. I took pictures to the front desk and they seemed unaffected. Don't waste your money. Not worth heath issues

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nancy R
victor p, Manager at Red Roof Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving, I will discuss the issues with housekeeping and check why this happened.
Victor