“Highly recommend Charles the Great!”

Williamsburg Colonial Tours
Ranked #7 of 24 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We have reopened our tours of Colonial Williamsburg with additional guides. Call me for pricing and answers to your questions and needs. Our rates are the best. Make reservations during the winter for dates starting in March 2018.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My girlfriend and I recently visited Colonial Williamsburg with our four boys (ages 15, 12, 12 and 10). After reading the excellent reviews on Charles, I contacted him immediately. He was wonderful with communication and working around our schedule. We both felt the price was extremely reasonable for the value and quality of what we received.
I'm a fifth grade teacher and our social studies curriculum is American history and the Revolutionary war. I learned so many amazing new tales to take back to my classroom. Charles kept all of us engaged and interested throughout the entire tour. He is extremely knowledgeable about all areas of CW. My sons gave him two thumbs up and I wish I could fly him to CA to come speak to my class.
The best part of it all is you don't have to pay the inflated prices to access the sites of CW, but you still experience everything and learn all of the history surrounding it. Book this tour...you will not regret it!

ghostshunter, Owner at Williamsburg Colonial Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Jen,
Thanks so much for your compliments about my tour. This is especially appreciated since it comes from a professional teacher who teaches Early American history. It was a pleasure to see the faces of your children and their reactions to my stories. I wish I could visit your school and talk to all the children. They are the future of the Nation. Please keep in touch.

Charles

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We hadn't been back to Williamsburg in almost 40 years and boy has it grown. The wonderful carriage rides around the historic town are lots of fun and tickets can be purchased right inside the historic are. There is so much to see and do, with taverns for food, gardens to walk around and admire, and reenactments to watch. The people are friendly and helpful. This is a great place for kids because it absolutely brings history to life!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visited Williamsburg a few years ago with my mom and when our son was 10. All of us enjoyed the trip. We stayed at the Governor's Inn which was within walking distance of the historical area and had easy access to modern shopping and restaurants. Be prepared to walk through the historical town, but also be prepared to be amazed. It really is like stepping back in time. There are scheduled events such as the witch trial which reveal specific events of the time. Our favorite things were all of the houses, gardens and industries we were able to see first hand just as they had been. Our son was able to participate in the blacksmith's daily work. We toured a carpentry shop and walked through some gardens and houses where people were cooking as they did in the 1700's. Historic Jamestown is also a short drive away and well worth visiting while you are in the area.

3  Thank Jen N
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We had a blast at colonial Williamsburg! We dined at some of the colonial taverns and enjoyed every one! We had bad experience at a restaurant in merchant square with a rude waiter but the activities and tours kept our days full of excitement for 3 days. Plan ahead because we missed some tours because they were only offered certain days of the week. It was a blast and I would return!