“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff here were very friendly and accommodating. I have food allergies and the waitress was very understanding and the chef prepared my meal excellently. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The outdoor seating at this venue is wonderful.It has a warm atmosphere with fireplaces and wooden floors. The seafood was excellent and very fresh tasting. A very unique dining experience and definitely worth a drive if you're not in the direct area.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This restaurant had good ratings on tripadvisor.com and was recommended by our hotel concierge. We arrived on a Friday about 6:30 p.m. The décor is minimal and two large groups made the room so noisy you had to yell to converse with your dining partner. The plastic benches were sticky on both sides of our booth. Our waitress was prompt and brought us plates for the mini-muffins (they were good) and both had dried food on them. It took about 35-40 minutes for our food to arrive. I ordered flank steak which my waitress assured me was tender, and it was so tough you couldn't cut it even with the steak knife. It was not shaved at an angle against the grain the way flank steak is supposed to be served. The green beans were cold. My friend had the ribs and said they were ok. They came with a house BBQ sauce slathered thickly on top of them. The garlic mashed potatoes were dry and had little taste. I seldom complain about restaurants but our experience there was terrible.

1  Thank mbrigham
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were really excited to dine in at this restaurant, until we actually got to experience it.

My boyfriend & I were dining with his family that had traveled from all corners of the country to be together this Memorial Day weekend, a group of about 20 WITH a reservation. A reservation made well in advance, at least a week or so. We get there at six, the place looks very nice, & were seated at our table on the patio. So far, amazing.

They had two servers share our table. The other end my boyfriend & I, his parents, & grandparents were sitting on received our drinks after the other other end. We were missing our bar drinks as the other end of the table had gotten their salads. The server taking our orders didn't even know what dressing they offered nor did he get what type of dressing for the grandparents. When he returned & was asked what dressings there was he only knew the TWO I had already told him. Couldn't even mention ranch, blue cheese, or Caesar which most restaurants carry. By the way, still no bar drinks. At this point the other end has their entrees.

We give them time, trying to understand that maybe we just need to be patient. By now 30-40 minutes have passed and no bar drinks. I finally get my salad, but the grand parents wait at least another 15 minutes for theirs. At this point we ask to see a manager just to make sure drinks & the rest of the food is on it's way as the other end is finishing up & it's almost been an hour.

The "manager" that came to the table stepped to the side with my boyfriends dad as he informed her of what was going on. She coughed up a couple $5 off coupons to "please" us.
The server comes back now with an attitude asking for refills but doesn't know what were drinking? When he was the one that took the orders.

Basically over 2 hours we sent back one of the grand parents crab cakes because it was burnt. A prime rib that was well cooked when ordered medium, as well as 2 other steaks over cooked to well done when ordered rare. they tried to bring a steak with fries THEE times to our table when no one had ordered it. I finally get my steak with rice that was crunchy & undercooked. Horrible.

When we asked for a different manager, Alonzo, they said he was on the line so it took about 30 minutes.

If the main manager was on the line how were there so many things wrong with the food that was being brought? He said there were no more rare steaks. If the server had told us that at the beginning we could have ordered something different. The manager said the server didn't know the steak special ( I guess that includes the dressings as well?) I asked if that was a training issue? He apologized & said his core 5 or so servers were on vacation. (Allowed that on Memorial Day weekend at a tourist spot?) horrible management.

At this point half the table was done eating & half were missing food. We left with my boyfriends parents not even getting their meals. Not happy & hungry. They still made us pay over 200 dollars for horrible service from the server to kitchen to management. How does this place run?

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I didn't really enjoy this place. It is too noisy, the staff stands around and gossips, and it is a bit hard to find.

My food was good (fish sandwich) but my husband didn't enjoy his at all.

I guess if you are a William and Mary hanger-on (i.e. didn't ever leave Williamsburg) or an alum it might be ok, but I just didn't dig it.