Wyndham Kingsgate
US$102
US$99
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$132
US$258
US$238
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$72
ComfortInn
DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$104
US$85
  • Pool
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$125
Official Website
US$289
Autograph
1,055 results
All reviewsmini golfgame roomsparking passper daysales pitchactivity feeindoor pooltime sharetennis courtsfree arcadebedroom unitbusch gardensactivity centercolonial williamsburgmovie theaterwasher and dryerdaily fee
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family really enjoyed staying here. Our biggest issue was the noise. Our condo was on the first floor and we could here the people in the room above us. You could here them walk around, shut doors, flush the toilet..... Not exactly fun to listen to at 5 am. If you don't like to sleep in, then this resort is for you. It is a great place for kids. The kids enjoyed all the activities they had to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor. Too noisy on the bottom.
2  Thank CarolAnnA34
Richard W, General Manager at Wyndham Kingsgate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear CarolAnnA34,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and apologize about the noise issues you encountered. This feedback will help us plan for the future as we consider what we can do from a communication and physical standpoint to improve the experience for all our guests.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall the resort was nice. It has a lot to offer - pools, miniature golf, activities, movies, etc. The condo we stayed in was clean & newly renovated; however, every now and then we would get an odor when using the water. Also, the water temperature was awful. You either had freezing cold water or scolding hot water. This made it extremely difficult to shower and bathe the kids! For that reason alone, I would not return. (I see that I am not the only one to complain about this, the resort really should do something to solve the problem.)

2  Thank Lisa F

Dear Lisa F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are glad you had a nice time but are sorry it was not perfect in every way. We are looking into the odor and hot water issues that you mention so we can improve the resort for all.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Wyndham Kingsgate Resort in Williamsburg, VA. Upon arrival we were offered free upgrades that included 2 bedrooms (instead of the 1 bedroom we booked), a newly renovated building and choice of 3rd (top) floor. The condos were decorated beautifully, clean, comfortable and roomy. We loved it! We visited several local areas during the week, so there wasn't much time to participate in any of the amenities. However, the amenities include a pool, hot tub, adult only pool (which we did go to and it was small, but very nice and quiet), pool bar, a theater, tennis courts, putt putt golf course (loved it) and much more.
We did have to exchange our keys twice during the week because they wouldn't work despite not having them around our cell phones and credit cards, but that was only a mere inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear HeatherRadford,

Thank you for the great comments! Sorry you had key issues - we will check the lock on your door in case this was causing anything. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a nice time here, but addressing the following issues will make this resort better.

1. Proper cleaning - the toilet bowl in our until was disgusting and stained. It grossed me out every time I glanced in the direction of the bathroom.

2. Quit with the pushy sales pitch. The "get your parking pass from x, y, or z" trick is getting old. When people arrive, they have likely been driving for hours and just want to efficiently check-in and start their vacation. The lady was so rude when I told her we were only there for a short time and didn't want to attend any presentations. She scheduled it anyway. Offer people whatever you want for their time, but if they decline, respect that and always be polite.

3. I realize there is no life guard on duty, but someone needs to monitor the pool. There was a family with a dog on a leash - the lady was in the pool holding the leash. This was a terrier, not a service dog. I have always appreciated the pet free policy. Also, the place was packed; tons of kids with no supervision, and no bracelet proving they should have access to the pool. I suspect kids from the community know it is easy to walk right up and use the place as they wish.

4. I would not describe the game rooms as state of the art, and at least 4 of the games were out of service. I suspect more unauthorized use of the game rooms. Two boys ask me to leave the pool balls, cue sticks. I told them I wanted to turn them in since they were checked out to me, but that they could come with me and check them out. They quickly found something else to do. I'm not suggesting hassling everyone that forgets their bracelet, but if you act like it doesn't matter, kids are going to sneak in and crowd out paying guests.

The resort had some nice amenities, but the above is what stuck in my mind about the stay.

4  Thank mom2be

Dear mom2be,

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your recent stay. My sincere apologies for the less than perfect stay and rest assured I will be addressing the disappointments that you encountered. Thank you for your observations which will help us focus our efforts in the right direction.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place is amazing. The units are clean and very roomy. The pools are fantastic and the arcade being free is unbelievable. They also have a minature golf course that is very nice and family friendly. 24 hour security that always find time to chat. I highly recommend this place to any traveler.

2  Thank Robb C
Richard W, General Manager at Wyndham Kingsgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Robb C,

Thank you for your great comments and see you again soon at Kingsgate!