This resort is in a good location if you are looking to go to Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Jamestown etc. The resort is very family friendly. The negatives associated with this property are that it is outdated (the furnishings and the units), the beds are not very comfortable, and the overall sales pitch that we were given. After checking in we were told we must go to the concierge desk for our welcome packet (which was no more than a clear plastic bag with brochures which can be picked up anywhere around town) when we got to the concierge we were told we had already been signed up for a time share sales pitch. When we asked them to cancel this they kept on going about how good the offer was. Overall the place is fine especially if you are traveling with a family.
There isn't a housekeeping service during your stay. I called to ask for clean towels and was told that I should wash my own before asking for a towel service. I was turned off by this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va