I visited this same hotel five years ago and only had great things to say about it. We paid less than a $100 a night and had a two room suite with a porch with a hot tub! I could not wait to take my parents here who had never been to Virginia before. The second time around I was not nearly as impressed. It is a decent location to many tourist attractions. It also has a kitchen, so we were able to go to a grocery store about a mile away and get breakfast food. However, our condo was never cleaned in the three days we were there. When we got there, there was used coffee in the pot with a moldy coffee filter. I support going green, but that's just lazy. We could also hear everything the visitors upstairs said. To top it off, I paid for the hotel through hotels.com and then they double charged the credit card we used for incidentals. That to me is a big red flag. It wasn't caught until a month later. They did reverse the charge right away, which is still shady that they did it in the first place...
You get a large space for large families or two couples, but it seems a bit shady to me...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va