Spent 3 nights over Labor Day weekend at the Powhatan Resort in Williamsburg. Four families with young children stayed in separate, but close proximity in building 82. Our unit was very clean, comfortable (A/C worked great, very hot weekend), and fully equipped. We had a 2 bedroom on the second floor (having been upgraded from the one BR we had reserved). Plenty of space, large bedrooms, baths and common rooms. One flat screen and 2 old TVs. Kitchen was ample size with full fridge, oven, dishwasher, etc. Unit was very quiet, couldn't hear adjacent rooms at all. Good sized balcony off the living room. The unit is older, with some wear and tear, but not bad at all when you have young ones around. The amenities are great for families. Lots of things for the kids to do. Pools, including an adults only pool, miniature golf, volleyball and basketball courts, and ponds for fishing. Our kids from ages 4 to 11 enjoyed many of the activities offered. The front desk staff was welcoming, efficient and very professional. The area has extensive shopping, restaurants, and is only 15 minutes from the colonial area. The resort was perfect for our families requirements, the rates were pretty good, and we would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va