We stayed in a two bedroom unit here for the Presidential Inauguration. My wife, two kids and mother-in-law were in the room and it worked out perfectly. We had a downstairs unit with a king bed in the master and two twin beds in the second bedroom. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled. Everything was new. The beds and linens were some of the most comfortable I've seen in a hotel/timeshare. The washer and dryer were new and worked great. We picked up food from a nearby store and ate breakfast in the room everyday using the kitchen. The room has it's own spa off the rear patio, but we did not have time to use it. I did take my son to the indor pool once. I used the two spas attached to the pool. I could not have been happier with the room and the property. The only complaint we had was that the heater/ac unit was right outside the master bedroom and was noisy and there was no television in the second bedroom for the mother-in-law. There are only televisions in the master and living room. The resort is 2 1/2 hours form D.C. so we did some driving for the events in D.C. Historic Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown are only minutes away. I will diffenitely return here again and would recommend it to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va