“Food for everyone..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shorty's Diner
Ranked #13 of 381 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned and operated diner using our own family recipes, open daily from 6 AM - 2 PM. We offer homemade soups and salad dressings, fresh whipped cream on our French Toast and cakes and only the best quality meats and cheeses. Because we serve 100% all Beef hand pressed Burgers, our soon to be famous Shorty's fresh cut fries and Ms. Bonnie's special recipes, you're sure to see and taste the difference.Shorty's Sweet Side is now open daily from 3 PM - 9 PM. Enjoy soft serve ice cream, sno-balls, milkshakes, malts and more!
Roanoke, Virginia
“Food for everyone..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Shorty's after reading some of the reviews and am happy we did! We ate there about 3 to 4 different times during our week stay in Williamsburg. We had breakfast & lunch and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The food was great.. We had omelet's with home fries (they are so yummy) tried the wrap and the steak sandwich & liked it all. Portions are large and the service is great..

1 Thank michellejaffa

Annandale, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ate breakfast at Shorty's Diner. The food was delicious. It wasn't particularly for the health conscious, but the menu lets you know that up front. There are some "lite" menu options. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. I have some dietary restrictions, and the waitress quickly if what I wanted to order was "safe". It seems to be pretty popular; it was almost full the entire time we were there. The restaurant is clean and bright.

Visited July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Best Breakfast in Williamsburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is our go to breakfast place. Great simple food and friendly service. Its always packed so get there early! They also serve ice cream and short order food most evenings at their walk-up window.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

What a gem before Busch Gardens, this awesome diner is run by a retired Saratoga Horse Racer, who took the time to sit with us while we ate breakfast. His staff did nothing short of making sure everything was perfect. The portions are more than filling at a price that will not break the bank.

• Visited July 2014
North
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited Shorty's Diner this morning because we had seen an article about pancake restaurants in Williamsburg. The picture of Shorty's pancakes was mouth watering so we decided to give the restaurant a try. Because of the holiday today (the 4th of July), the restaurant was crowded. There was a line at both doors when we got there, but our wait wasn't more than 15 minutes. Our orders were quickly taken, our drinks arrived promptly and our food came shortly thereafter. I ordered the blueberry pancakes. They came with fresh blueberries in the pancake and a blueberry compote on top. Since I'm calorie conscious, I ordered them with no topping. My husband ordered a western omelet, home fries, and toast. My husband's breakfast was plentiful and looked delicious. He enjoyed it down to the last bite. His only complaint was that they didn't give him enough jelly for all the toast. My pancake order consisted of two plate-sized pancakes. They looked appetizing and were hot off the griddle. But they were dry. Part of that is my fault because I use minimal syrup and no butter, but I have a favorite place where I usually get pancakes and they are crepe-like and not at all dry. I think part of the dryness was that they were too thick. We will definitely return to Shorty's, but I'll order something different. The atmosphere is great - it has the black and white checkered floors, car memormelia, waitresses with short skirts and low tops - like a true diner. They have cruise thrus for classic cars on Friday nights. There is an ice cream on the side of the building that serves ice cream, hot dogs and hamburgers.

• Visited July 2014