I am very particular when selecting a place to stay and I will take my time researching areas and reviews to find the perfect place that fits my needs. Cleanliness, location, price, customer service, and amenities included are my top criteria in search of a great hotel or B&B. Customer reviews helps in my selection process, but I am careful not to put my faith in all reviews that may not be legit.
I was shopping for a place to spend a sister weekend getaway for my sister’s 50th birthday and wanted to treat my very patriotic sister by picking a historical destination. Williamsburg was the perfect place and the A Williamsburg White House B&B was the perfect resting place. We spent two nights at the Williamsburg White House B&B. Each room is unique presidential theme along with the rest of the B&B; even the parking lot. We stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt, which included queen size canopy bed and comfortable sitting room complete with love seat sleeper sofa. The owner was very helpful in making suggestions for dinner & excursions around Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown & Yorktown. I read some reviews that said they had to fill out a breakfast request form, we did not fill out any forms, but the inn owner did ask if we had any preferences. My other sister is allergic to nuts so John made sure he did not give her anything that contained nuts. Breakfast was fantastic each morning especially the French toast, and the afternoon snacks, wine, water, and port was a nice touch from a busy day of sightseeing.
The only downside would be the Wi-Fi server was down, which is no fault of the B&B because we could connect to their network. I always take no Wi-Fi into consideration when traveling and I will make other arrangements; this time it was dessert and Wi-Fi at Panera Bread.
Great location, across from the college of William and Mary and within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg-Merchant Square, 2 miles from the Williamsburg Salt Spa, and 5 miles to Jamestown settlement accommodated all our needs. I will never forget John’s “stuffed French toast”. We highly recommend this if you are interested in a great location. Thanks John for “a home away from home” experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Historic Century Old Estate is now an Award Winning Bed and Breakfast in Williamsburg Virginia. This Romantic Inn is one of Williamsburg's most significant historic homes and is the oldest home currently operating as an elegant B&B in the City of Williamsburg. Enjoy unique suites, beautiful sitting rooms, manicured grounds and just a 4 block walk to Colonial Williamsburg. Historic and Romance Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your A Williamsburg White House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Williamsburg White House b&b
- a Williamsburg White House Hotel Williamsburg