As aspiring innkeepers, our research has taken us to B & Bs all over the country. Having been guests at over thirty such establishments, our experience at A Williamsburg Whitehouse was truly head and shoulders above all others.
Located in the architecturally controlled area of Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, the inn captures your imagination almost immediately. Sitting back from the road and looking quite presidential, the inn draws guests in with bunting suggesting appropriate pomp and circumstance. At check in, guests assume the identities of one of a number of past presidential couples. We became Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Jefferson for the week, as we lodged in the Jefferson Bed Chambers. Throughout the inn, one can find intriguing presidential memorabilia, particularly throughout the Reagan Dining Room and the Kennedy Library.
While its presidential theme draws one back in time to another place and circumstance, the hospitality of its innkeepers is what makes this Bed and Breakfast Inn so successful. Innkeepers Debbie and John Keane are warm, attentive, and imaginative. Guests enjoy creative entrees, such as the Asparagus and Fontina Cheese Frittata, for breakfast each morning along with a compliment of fruit parfaits, muffins, sweetbreads, and breakfast meats. The Inn's rooms are well appointed and immaculately tended to each day. The aroma of warm baked goods awakens one daily from an afternoon nap. In the parlor each evening, guests are treated to glass or two of a local wine and perhaps a slice of a raspberry crumbled pastry or an old fashioned chocolate chip cookie. For a nightcap, a variety of ports and sherries are always available.
During our week stay, guests included international travelers from Switzerland and Nova Scotia, a mother and her college bound daughter investigating opportunities at the local college, couples from nearby places in Virginia who just wanted to get away, and others coming to explore the Revolutionary and Civil War past of Virginia's historic triangle. All were treated graciously with warmth and hospitality. Should your travels take you to the Williamsburg area, a stay at A Williamsburg Whitehouse is a must. The Inn is a destination all by itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Historic Century Old Estate is now an Award Winning Bed and Breakfast in Williamsburg Virginia. This Romantic Inn is one of Williamsburg's most significant historic homes and is the oldest home currently operating as an elegant B&B in the City of Williamsburg. Enjoy unique suites, beautiful sitting rooms, manicured grounds and just a 4 block walk to Colonial Williamsburg. Historic and Romance Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your A Williamsburg White House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Williamsburg White House b&b
- a Williamsburg White House Hotel Williamsburg