Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
sarahsudekum13
Greenville, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews zip line afraid of heights tarzan swing freedom park physical activity ropes course rope ladder cargo net safety harness time slot explained everything great fun a lot of fun instructor obstacles junior instructions
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I went to Go Ape Freedom Park in Williamsburg with my kids today - ages 7 and 9. It was my 7 year old daughter who wanted to go but when she got to the top she got really scared. She started crying, saying she wanted to get down. Lily and Ben, two of the employees there, were very patient with her. They took their time talking to her and assuring her that she was safe. I never felt like they were even slightly annoyed. As a 20-something with no kids I don’t think I would have been anywhere near as patient.
My husband and I have done the adult course several times and we love it. I read a review complaining about how you go on your own, but that is what we love about it. We did one that made you go with an instructor and a group and that just held us up. It really is not complicated to keep yourself clipped in. It is an adult course so hopefully we all know how to follow directions.

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your adventure, and I'm glad your daughter was able to work through her fear! Thanks for clarifying that there are two separate courses and that the safety training at the beginning is thorough enough to make you feel confident in independence. We like watching guests lead themselves through the obstacles! Please let us know if you need anything.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The staff was phenomenal and cheerful. This was a last minute decision to do it and we happened to get there 30 seconds before the next group was to go and they got us in with that group! The course was awesome and super fun. 10/10 would recommend going! An absolute blast.

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. It sounds like you enjoyed your adventure! I'm glad you were able to get right on the course, and hopefully, you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will never go back there in my life. I will always recommend that people stay away from there. I simply cannot believe the horrible safety protocols they have in place. They are taking citizens and giving them just a little bit of training and then turning them loose to hook themselves up on the safety lines. Sure, they are supervising but they do so from the ground where they are useless.
We have been to several zip line courses through the years. The other places give the customers helmets and a padded leather glove to control the speed on the zip lines. Other places have two guides with each group. One instructor goes ahead of the first customer to receive them at the end of the zip. The other instructor does all of the hooking up and regulates the persons to ensure safety.
None of that was done here!!

If you have a death/disability wish, this is the place to go.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your feedback, and I'm sorry you feel this way about our courses. Hopefully, I can address some of your concerns. First, our instructors are always available on the ground to assist guests and in many cases are able to better see and address problems than if they were in front of the group in the trees. We have done extensive risk assessment and safety evaluation and have determined that helmets actually increase the injury through entrapment or by restricting peripheral vision. Helmets mostly protect you from things falling from above, and we frequently clear the canopy of any debris. Our zip lines bring you in at a safe speed and do not require braking, but for general comfort throughout the course, we have padded gloves available, and guest are welcome to bring their own. Please feel free to reach out with other questions or concerns, and I'll be happy to help!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to commemorate my 50th birthday because I’ve always wanted to Go Ape but was too scared. I’m so glad I did!!! About halfway through the course, most of my fears had subsided. The staff was never more than a yell away to provide assistance if needed. The equipment and instruction were top-notch. No worries about safety.

So glad I took this leap and faced my fears!!

1  Thank AlaskaOnMyMind

Thanks for taking the time to review your Go Ape adventure and for spending your special day with us! How awesome that you were able to face your fears and have a great time in the trees. What a great accomplishment!

Hope we'll see you in the trees again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My husband took my 12 year old on the regular course and I took my 7 year old on the junior course and we all had a blast! Definitely one of the biggest highlights of our trip to Williamsburg!!!! The staff was so nice and helpful and we always felt safe! Thanks!

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to review your Go Ape adventure! How great that you got to check out both of the awesome courses at our Williamsburg location. We're so glad to you had a great time and I hope we'll see you at one of our other courses soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We went on a beautiful September day with my family of 4, myself my husband our 15 yo son and 11 yo daughter. My daughter enjoyed the young apes ropes courses and it was really
Nice because I could walk below the entire course and take amazing pictures! My son and husband went on the regular go ape
Course which they loved! My son loved the jumps!! My husband did as well but would t admit it! This course I could walk under as well for pictures but at the end I had to get back to the beginning really quick so I could see the last and longest ride back to the beginning ! Overall it was worth the price which is pricey! It was fun and challenging for the entire
Family!

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi Heather,

Thanks for taking the time to share your Go Ape experience! I'm so glad to hear that your whole family had a great time checking out both the Treetop Adventure and Treetop Junior courses. I hope that we'll see you all in the trees again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This was my 4th experience at Go Ape in Williamsburg VA and it was great once again! This time, my son took a friend to do the Jr course, as part of his gift from us for his 11th birthday (and his 3rd time on the course). My husband and I were on the ground watching and taking lots of pics and videos. The boys had a blast (and now want to do the regular Treetop Course)! As usual, the GA staff was super friendly, informative and very attentive to the safety of all participants. We love it there and are looking forward to returning soon!
#goapeusa #livelifeadventurously

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I went with my friend and we had so much fun! Definitely an experience! I am coming again definately soon! I have been zip lining multiple times. Go Ape was by the best course I’ve been on. You go through challenging obstacles and finish with a zip line at the end. I loved it.

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi There,
Thank you for your review. So glad you loved it. We look forward to having you again soon.

RC

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We had a great time! The courses were just hard enough to push us but not enough to throw in the towel. The staff was patient and friendly.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We could not have asked for a better time at Go Ape, 37, 30, 14, 7 ANNNNND our 3 year old was our team that went ape. The staff were absolutely great, and our experience completely exceeded our imagination and expectations! Definitely will come back!!!

GoApeUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hi Annie,

Thanks for reviewing your Go Ape adventure! I'm so glad that you and your group had a great time in the trees. We can't wait to see you out there again soon!

RR