“will only use this hotel in the future!”

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Hopewell, Virginia
“will only use this hotel in the future!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We frequent the Williamsburg area regularly because of its rich history... we won't be using any other hotels now since we found this one! This one had everything we needed!
Family of 5 with 3 kids (4-18)

PROS-
>very clean
>convenient to historical area
>super warm & clean indoor pool and hot tub!(kids had a blast, we enjoyed the hot tub;-)
>poolside towels
>great breakfast with protein, fruit and waffle makers galore (Chad was super helpful!)
>comfy beds and flat tvs, good channel selection
>steady hot water, curved shower curtain rods and massaging shower heads... clean tub!
>snack bar at front desk reasonably priced
>fridge and microwave full sized
>coffee fresh in dining area always available
>FAST wifi!
>good price for area!

CONS>
no fitness room

Again, this is a great, affordable place... ran by a professional staff that genuinely cares about its guests. Kathlene (Cathlene?)... she worked at the front desk & was probably the nicest staff member we met while we were there... thx for making our trip memorable...(when the kids even praise the hotel, you know it's good)!

thx
HP

Room Tip: pool is 5 foot to 3 foot deep... bring floaties for the little ones! very warm water... perfect
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Good Evening FBOOTH6,

It was a pleasure serving you and your family during your stay here at the Quality Inn Historic East. It is great to hear that we were a one stop shop for your needs and that your kids had a blast! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I am traveling America this year. Been to a lot of Hotels. Well, this is the best. The quality for this Price is untouchable. They have professional staff, friendly setting, clean, heated pool, free breakfast, fresh coffee 24 hours a day. Well cannot say enough about the place. So if you go to Williamsburg look them up. The manager Chad will sure take good care of you. His staff is number one too..
Have a Nice Stay,
Sammie
5252 Ministries

Room Tip: I think the first contact is so important. If they care on the phone , they really will in person, j...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Good Evening Sammie S,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Historic Area for you lodging needs. I am delighted to hear that our staff is #1. We all look forward to your return if your travels bring you back this way! Have a great trip around the U.S.
Hillsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the second time and we plan on being back again when we travel to Williamsburg next summer. We love the staff, they are all very friendly and helpful and were able to answer any question we had for them. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. There is a computer for guest use right off the lobby, or if you have your own, as we did, you have free internet in your room. Although we did not use the pool or the hot tub, we did watch some others who were using it, and both appeared to be clean and well kept. The dining area is clean and bright, and the food was great. Gotta love the waffle makers! Chad, the manager, is friendly and helpful and one of the reasons we chose to return there this trip. We enjoyed our stay the first time last year, and enjoyed it again this year. Looking forward to seeing Chad and the gang again next summer!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Good Morning Karen L,

We appreciate the wonderful feedback and kudos for the staff! We do pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and going above and beyond for the guests needs! We look forward to seeing you again also!!!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I took my family (wife and 3 kids under the age of 8) to Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and Jamestown and we decided to stay here. It’s one of the few hotels in our price range with a heated pool and hot tub, and that provides breakfast. And it was perfect for us!

Hotel details: A comfortable, clean room with a somewhat antiquated mini fridge and microwave (but they were perfectly functional). They provided us with a crib at no extra charge, and a rollaway bed at $10 per night. Beds were comfortable and clean…even though the brownish yellow/ lime green color combination wasn’t my wife’s first choice.

Staff: Awesome! I can’t say enough about the professionalism and service of the staff. Sophia was great! I asked where a dumpster was, and she offered to personally take out our pizza box/trash—she also brought us extra towels and helped us plan our visit to Jamestown. There were fresh chocolate chip cookies in the lobby in the evening, and they responded to our requests immediately. Chad (the manager) even called us a couple hours after we left to ship us an item we left behind.

Highlights: After a long day of walking around, it was great to come back to the pool and relax. The breakfast bar had eggs and sausages, but the kids loved making their own waffles each morning. It’s a convenient location for those that want to 2-3 attractions in the area.

Definitely on my “will-visit-again” list. Thanks!

Rising Sun, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was one of the few hotels that our family had never stayed in while in Williamsburg and we were pleasantly surprised! The lobby was modern and brightly decorated, the breakfast was really, really good and we all LOVED the pool and jacuzzi.

Our room was quite large and had a microwave and fridge, which is always nice when staying for a few days.

Room Tip: Pick one of the slightly more expensive, larger rooms. They are in the main part of the hotel and cl...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning Tracey H,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you return soon! Maybe for Busch Gardens Christmas Town or Colonial Williamsburg's Grand Illumination!
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I believe the title of my review speaks for itself but let me elaborate-if you would like a dirty disgusting room, electrical sockets that don't function, poor customer service, and key cards that don't unlock your door, then this is the place for you! If you want actual quality, please do yourself a favor and stay at a Holiday Inn.

After sitting in 9 hours of traffic on I-95, my family and I arrived only to not be able to enter our room. When the maintenance staff came up to attempt and resolve this issue, we were told it could not be fixed. Hence, we asked to switch our room; as any normal family would do. We were told this was impossible. We then asked if we could switch to a different "Quality" Inn, we were also told that this cannot be done. We were basically told we can leave and better yet, they were unsure when they could resolve the key card issue. Now, we have to stand in a line at the front desk and wait for a maintenance worker every time we want to enter our room. To compensate, we were offered $7.00 off of our stay. That does not even cover the taxes! Quite honestly, the stay is worth about $7.00. In my dispute with the front desk attendant about this issue, I was told three things I found very disturbing: 1. "This happens all the time." I'm no expert, but if it happens all the time, shouldn't it be something you should have rectified by now. And for the record, it's never happened to me at a hotel before and I have traveled all over the place in my 32 years on this earth. 2. "We have no affiliation with Choice Hotels." Well then who exactly is this hotel affiliated with? I'm confused because I booked on choicehotels.com. 3. I could not speak to a manager. For the record, I am a customer service manager and even if I've gone home for the day, I am always accessible to my staff if there is a major issue. But then again, my staff actually knows what they're talking about and we actually serve our customers!!!

Another confusing thing that was told to me-I could not have a different room because I booked a smoking room. First of all, it was the only room showing available on the site and this was a blatant lie because there is clearly a non-smoking sign on the door of the room.

To add insult to injury, the electrical sockets in the room do not function! This hotel needs new management, a new staff, and some efforts to make the place accommodating. I guess that all chalks up to new management but either way, I am disgusted. This level of service is unacceptable and I plan on filing an official complaint with the corporate offices. And of course, my family and I will not be doing business with this sorry excuse for a hotel chain again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Dmcalister813
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Good Evening Dmcalister813,

First, I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered with the lock issue and the inability to fix the issue. I do apologize if the exact situation was not explained properly, as our rooms were 100% committed with reservations upon your arrival and the arrivals that had not checked in yet were all guaranteed reservations for a non-smoking room. Unfortunately we are unable to switch a reservation from a non-smoking room to a smoking room without the guests consent. Upon the situation being presented to the front desk agent, I did receive a phone call about the situation and was was asked if the hotel would pay for another hotel. I did explain that unfortunately we would not, however, we would compensate for the night of arrival (friday night) and move the guest the next day if wanted. It was then said that you preferred not to stay and I agreed to have the front desk agent assist in finding different accommodations and cancel the reservation without penalty. However, eventually I was notified that you did stay and your 1st night was compensated completely and a credit for the entire amount of the advance deposit was processed. Also, we are not affiliated with any other choice brands around as each choice property is independently owned and operated. I am not sure why you were unable to contact a manager as my business cards that are located at the front desk have my contact information along with my cell phone number so that I may be contacted by anyone. I also was notified that we were able to switch your room the next day where you completed your 3 night stay. As stated in previous reviews we do pride ourselves on our customer service and we do our best to go above and beyond for our guests.
Hamilton
Reviewed 15 October 2013

this was a great family place to stay. The pool and hot tub were great The room was clean and quiet. Staff were very helpful, breakfast had lots to offer with 3 types of waffles to sausage rounds and eggs toast bagels etc, Price was reasonable and they had a tuck shop as well.

Room Tip: You have a couple of options one being in the main hotel or going to the exterior core. Slept in bot...
1 Thank Bonnie B
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Good Afternoon Bonnie B,

It was a pleasure serving you and your family. I am glad we could assist you in your time of disappointment. I thank you for the great comments and I will be sure to pass the information on to the staff with a huge "PAT ON THE BACK!" We welcome you back anytime and look forward to seeing you in the future.